reminder not to use engines

reminder not to use engines

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
06 Mar 08

Hello,
I just got a reminder not to use engines on the site, and had to click that I'd read and understood the terms of service etc. Now, I don't use engines and don't even use the analyse board function, as I use the site essentially for OTB practice. How come I received this reminder? Thanks for any help!

M

Earth

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by rhoalpha
Hello,
I just got a reminder not to use engines on the site, and had to click that I'd read and understood the terms of service etc. Now, I don't use engines and don't even use the analyse board function, as I use the site essentially for OTB practice. How come I received this reminder? Thanks for any help!
We all got it, it was a general reminder for all site members, not based on any suspicion against you.

r

Moves
06 Mar 08

OK, thanks... reassuring! 🙂

M

Earth

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by rhoalpha
OK, thanks... reassuring! 🙂
See the quote on my profile. I like it. I am not sure if I totally trust it as genuine, but whoever said it, it neatly sums up the difference between great chess players, and great chess computers 🙂

Bel Air, MD

Moves
07 Mar 08

I was a bit worried about that myself. As it happens, I'm in a tournament game and have managed to come back from a 6 pawn deficit against an opponent nearly 200 points stronger than me and am now poised to win. It was total dumb-ass luck but, between that and the server failure borking the game history, I was concerned somebody thought I had used an engine.

Like the other poster, I'm here to keep my mind sharp, using an engine would just be a waste of my time.