Reminders

Standard memberExy
Help 07 Aug '04 08:29
  1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 08:29
    Would it be possible to have a Remind All button. It's very long winded to have to go through and click each reminder button individually.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 08:43
    On this note, could there also be a button that would let me clear all the " A move reminder has been sent to said player" notifications on my games page?
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 21:05
    and maybe also an Archive All button, to archive all games that are finished. Keeping only the In Progress games under My Games ...
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 21:22
    Originally posted by Fylgja
    and maybe also an Archive All button, to archive all games that are finished. Keeping only the In Progress games under My Games ...
    Hmm... and if you were to subscribe that might help pay towards these modifications...
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 17:38
    Any way to block reminders from filling up your mail.

I don't see any point in them when my timebank isn't being reduced, and just ignore them completely.

D
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 17:481 edit
    Originally posted by donallyne
    Any way to block reminders from filling up your mail.

I don't see any point in them when my timebank isn't being reduced, and just ignore them completely.

D
    Yes, you can block email reminders. Just go to 'my settings'. I think it's under 'my site settings'. Click on the appropriate box to remove the check mark, then go to the bottom of the page and click UPDATE.

That should take care of it.

regards, Marc

p.s. oops, I'm not sure if that stops reminders. I know it stops the automatic notifications that your opponents have moved and that it's your turn.
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 19:15
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Yes, you can block email reminders. Just go to 'my settings'. I think it's under 'my site settings'. Click on the appropriate box to remove the check mark, then go to the bottom of the page and click UPDATE.

That should take care of it.

regards, Marc

p.s. oops, I'm not sure if that stops reminders. I know it stops the automatic notifications that your opponents have moved and that it's your turn.
    yes, I will not stop reminders!
    th
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 19:16
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    On this note, could there also be a button that would let me clear all the " A move reminder has been sent to said player" notifications on my games page?
    YEEEES!!! 🙂 I want this!
    th
  9. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 19:41
    Originally posted by Exy
    Hmm... and if you were to subscribe that might help pay towards these modifications...
    dude... although I appreciate and understand your feeling that people who want to influence this site should show that they are serious about it by subscribing.

But... there are many different levels of wealth in the world. $20 to me is a round of drinks. $20 to a kid with acess to school/parents PC is a fortune. $20 in poor India/Africa is 6 months wages. The argument that a PC costs hundreds is irrelevent in any area that people have access to PC's that aren't theirs.

I haven't read that "are non-subscribers welcom" thread yet, but as far as I am see it the site is free to non-subscribers because its admin want everybody to be able to play. Subs and limitations on non-subscribers are a practical necesity. Can't we accept non-subs as a valuble part o the community too?
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    10 Aug '04 23:28
    Originally posted by Exy
    Would it be possible to have a Remind All button. It's very long winded to have to go through and click each reminder button individually.
    I hate the entire "Reminder" system. I don't send them. It's demeaning and pointless. And I don't want to receive them. They are irritating and clutter up my inbox. I just delete them anyway. Basically, they are a complete waste of time.

What's the point of receiving a reminder after 3 days in a 21 day t/o game? If players aren't attending to their games and managing their time, they deserve to lose anyway.

They would be more useful if they were only actrivated once the t/o is up and the timebank is ticking down.

Regardless of that, I still want a setting to block them from being sent to me. Please!
  11. Joined
    20 Aug '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '04 16:43
    I'm very new to this site. Very first thing I missed was a "it's your turn reminder" . Here it's just available when I click within the site.
  12. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    23 Aug '04 16:52
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

What's the point of receiving a reminder after 3 days in a 21 day t/o game? If players aren't attending to their games and managing their time, they deserve to lose anyway.

Agreed!

Agreed!!

I've been guilty of sending incorrect reminders (I try to avoid it more carefully now) since I thought it did only flip up when a reminder was actually warranted. Then, I realized I'd done exactly that - I sent someone a reminder after 3d in a 21d timeout!

Having the reminder only be available once the timebank is being used makes a heck of a lot of sense. Until then, you're just bothering the opponent who (you may presume) already knows how much time he has left. After then, I think it's reasonable to send a reminder if you want to.

13. Joined
    20 Aug '04
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 10:59
    I like playing games with 20 - 30 moves at a session. It's very uncomfortable to get reminded by E-Mail. Isn't it possible to bring in a reminder which checks the board, let's say every minute and, if someone has moved gives a reminder for the opponent ?
  14. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 23:09
    Originally posted by Exy
    that wouldn't be too bad

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree