1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 11:40
    These are some requests for changes I've seen before & I think would be of benefit to the site (because we're greedy and we'll never be satisfied 😉 )

More control over which screen we go to after a move. Currently we have 2 options, to stay with the game we have just moved in or to go to the game which has been waiting longest since the last move. The skip function improves this somewhat but I think there is room for further improvement. An option to return to the 'my games' screen after each move would be the easiest way to allow us to select the game we wanted to move in next.
    Beyond that there are many possibilities, but I don't know their feasability. Just as an example, not necessarily a good one: having a 'favourate/fast game' button available which we could use to select the games we move in most frequently, then have an option to 'go to next fast game after move'.

To be able to add a comment to your vacation icon, maybe so that when someone clicks on the airplane icon they get a message box. We could both explain why we're away and when we'll be back.

To be able to see if a person won or lost a game by TO on the ratings graph (eg. blue line for TO win, pink line for TO loss). This would allow us to see if a players decline in rating was due to mass TO, & it would allow us to see if a player likes to TO or if they rarely do, all at a glance.

Because these have all been sugested before there may be very good reasons why they have not been implemented, such as having downsides or being practically impossible. If there are good reason, fair enough - could we know what they are though?

Thanks for your continued great work

Jon
  2. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 13:48
    I have some experience in programming & HTML, and IMHO all your suggestions seem perfectly feasible. The main reason for not having them already would be because it takes a lot of time to implement them, and to debug them.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 14:36
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    [...]
    To be able to add a comment to your vacation icon, maybe so that when someone clicks on the airplane icon they get a message box. We could both explain why we're away and when we'll be back.

To be able to see if a person won or lost a game by TO on the ratings graph (eg. blue line for TO win, pink line for TO loss). This would allow us to se ...[text shortened]... it would allow us to see if a player likes to TO or if they rarely do, all at a glance.
    [...]
    yery good!!! I like the idea with the vacation message very much!

and the rectanges in th performancegraph could have more colours as you said:
    light green for TO win,
    dark green for win,
    red for loss,
    light red for TO loss,
    blue for a draw
    th
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Feb '04 01:32
    how about an ability to find replies to our posts.

maybe it could be a message that is sent to us each time someone replies to us. it could give us a link to the relevant forum.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    18 Feb '04 08:02
    Originally posted by flexmore
    how about an ability to find replies to our posts.

maybe it could be a message that is sent to us each time someone replies to us. it could give us a link to the relevant forum.
    Yes!
    this could be the difference between "post" (yellow button at the bottom) and reply (&quote)
    th
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '04 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    Yes!
    this could be the difference between "post" (yellow button at the bottom) and reply ("e)
    th
    I am listening. Some of what you suggest is actually stupidly easy to do, and there is no good reason why it isn’t there (e.g. vacation text), other things are not so simple.

But everything is possible - sometimes it is the additional server load that would be required that prevents me from adding some things. (In fact, this is nearly always the case). Anything that requires multiple queries to our db for little benefit is often ruled out.

-Russ
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 08:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am listening. Some of what you suggest is actually stupidly easy to do, and there is no good reason why it isn’t there (e.g. vacation text), other things are not so simple.
    so this will come? 😉
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree