Resign button

Standard memberFylgja
Help 19 Mar '04 19:44
  1. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 19:44
    I was stupid ... did one more move to really be hopeless and on the next move I would resign. But I'm still waiting for the move for the opponent 🙁
    Sinds he doesn't move, I can not resign the game, and it takes a lot of presious time for an active player :'(

So why not make the resign button permanent? Than you can resign at any given time?

(sometimes it's better to resign then to wait untill the timebank is empty)
  2. Standard memberAsher123
    Drunken Shogun
    on Satan's fork
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 19:48
    yes I agree - especially if I just made a fatal error and don't feel like waiting till tomorrow to be able to resign

3. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 21:36
    Perhaps option of resigning on the oppnenent's move would be a good idea.

But in the meanwhile, I recommend that you send a polite PM to your opponent telling him that you intend to resign on the next move, and asking him to make the final move of the game so you can do so.

-Jarno
  4. Joined
    02 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 10:25
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    But in the meanwhile, I recommend that you send a polite PM to your opponent telling him that you intend to resign on the next move, and asking him to make the final move of the game so you can do so.

-Jarno
    Couldn't that trick your opponent to make a fatal move? Not really sportsmen like, but...
    Resignation on opponents move would be a better idea.

Dr. Eek.
  5. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 11:50
    Originally posted by DrEek
    Couldn't that trick your opponent to make a fatal move? Not really sportsmen like, but...
    Resignation on opponents move would be a better idea.

Dr. Eek.
    All is fair in love and chess? 😉 Yes, I think there's a possibility of course that your opponent will botch it up on the next move...

So perhaps the note should say: "Unless allow me back into the game with a huge blunder next turn, I intend to resign. I'm hoping to free up a slot for a new game, so a move at your earliest convenience would be much appreciated."

That's fair warning included there... 😀

But I still agree with you that the option to resign on opponent's move would be a better idea.

Cheers,
    Jarno
  6. Joined
    02 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 17:23
    How about this one...
    I would like to resign on the next move, UNLESS you're stupid enough to play ... 😀

Bart.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree