1. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 13:40
    Not sure if I'm the only one affected by this. I was just about to win a match, moved my piece, submitted. Then the screen showed that I'd resigned. The first time this happened, I though 'oh well' I must have pressed the wrong button and somehow the confirmation pop-up for resigning didn't show up. That was a month back.

And today the gremlin came back. I was just about to win, submitted the coup de grace, and woe betide, I lost points. I'm not playing chess for points or positions, but it would be nice to have credit for winning matches when they are won.
  2. Lagos
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 15:09
    Hi there. This is pretty strange. For starters, maybe you should post the links to the games that were affected.
  3. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 15:59
    Good point. I attach the link to the game.

Game 7998341
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 19:40
    Originally posted by john6938
    Not sure if I'm the only one affected by this. I was just about to win a match, moved my piece, submitted. Then the screen showed that I'd resigned. The first time this happened, I though 'oh well' I must have pressed the wrong button and somehow the confirmation pop-up for resigning didn't show up. That was a month back.

And today the gremlin came ...[text shortened]... s or positions, but it would be nice to have credit for winning matches when they are won.
    Sound more like a people glitch to me.

Do you have multiple windows open? View more than one game at a time? Use the analyse game screen option as well?

It is easy to confuse screens when you come out the analyse game option and inadvertently click on the resign option in the wrong game by mistake.
  5. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 21:12
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Sound more like a people glitch to me.

Do you have multiple windows open? View more than one game at a time? Use the analyse game screen option as well?

It is easy to confuse screens when you come out the analyse game option and inadvertently click on the resign option in the wrong game by mistake.
    Zero confusion, my friend. I used to play 100+ games, but currently am keeping my count down to around 30. No analyser needed for that game. I'd been waiting for the opponent to move as the mate was imminent.

I don't take drugs. I'm teetotal and I wasn't playing in the middle of the night in a dream-like trance....not for that game, anyway. There was some kind of glitch, but not at my end.
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 22:53
    At the bottom of any page use, "Send Feedback" and perhaps the powers that be at RHP can help you.
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 02:22
    Zero confusion, my friend. I used to play 100+ games, but currently am keeping my count down to around 30. No analyser needed for that game. I'd been waiting for the opponent to move as the mate was imminent.

I don't take drugs. I'm teetotal and I wasn't playing in the middle of the night in a dream-like trance....not for that game, anyway. There was some kind of glitch, but not at my end.
    That's spooky to say the very least. Mate in one and you resign. Make no mistake about this: 'john6938' did resign those games. Two explanations present themselves - your opponent has your email and password details ( highley unlikely ) or you are in the habit of staying logged on and another party is doing the damage. Twice no less.

Methinks the answer lies closer to home .......?? Family conference perhaps...??

skeets
  8. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 08:39
    Hacking by my opponent? I hadn't considered that one.

As for the family issue, I submitted the move myself and immediately after the 'resignation screen' came up. I can't see how anyone else can have done that. Resigning is not a simple click, you have to click, then select and then confirm.

Th glitch is out there and someone else must have experienced it.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 10:43
    In the situation you describe there was simply no opportunity for anyone else to have been involved, so please do the feedback thing. If you're the only one who's ever reported the problem, it may sit on the backburner until it happens again, but it's worth a try.
  10. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 15:47
    feedback sent. 🙂
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 21:23
    feedback sent. 🙂
    Report back, please, once you have received a reply. It will be interesting to see what happened and if there is a known glitch that admin are aware of but it is only affecting a few games.

I know I have inadvertently resigned the wrong game due to having several tabs open at same time, and it's bluddy annoying. It would be even more annoying if it wa a system glitch rather than human error.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 09:22
    What has happened to me was that I set up a resign, thought better of it found an interesting move and sbmitted and the "really resign?" question came up.
  13. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 12:15
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    What has happened to me...
    Right, you can resign and submit a move at the same time, if before you submit the move you had clicked resign and checked the confirmation box. John, could that be the answer?

It is really sad that I know all the details about how to resign a game. 🙁
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 19:542 edits
    Originally posted by skeeter
    That's spooky to say the very least. Mate in one and you resign. Make no mistake about this: 'john6938' did resign those games. Two explanations present themselves - your opponent has your email and password details ( highley unlikely ) or you are in the habit of staying logged on and another party is doing the damage. Twice no less.

Methinks the answer lies closer to home .......?? Family conference perhaps...??

skeets
    I posted a message the other day in a game while making the final move in that game by claiming a draw, Once I made the final move the message was posted as saying my opponent posted the message and not me. I wonder if the two problems have anything related.

That happened on Dec 27th 2010.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree