1. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 11:47
    As a relatively new member, one tends to make suggestions for any change with sensitivity. I don't know if this has been discussed before.

Currently, when an opponent resigns, I only notice it when I go to My Games and see that in some game or other the sign says You won. Same, of course, if I resign.

However, when I play about 40 games, I hardly ever go to My Games: I just click on the X games waiting and play. Then I wonder why so-and-so hasn't moved, because his game doesn't come around!

Also, when I resign, I like to send a message: I do it because of such-and-such. Congratulations! But the winner never gets to see this message.

What I am suggesting is that when a player resigns, that the game still appears one last time on the opponent's list of active games, with, perhaps, the message: Your opponent has resigned!

That would give one the opportunity to bury the dead with dignity!

CJ
  2. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 11:57
    You will get my rec for this. I do agree with you ...

It has been discussed before and more players find it "rude" to just resign a game without thanking the opponent for the match .. uhhh .. oh yeah congratulate with the victory.

As I have stumbled upon the same problem I have dictated myself to return to the my games page after a move ... usualy I can find a checkmate there after I moved in another game.

As I am no code monkey I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement such a devise (returning to an ended game for once) but it would be a nice add-on.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 12:17
    I also agree.
    The code needs to be changed so that any move that ends the game will still show up on the 'games waiting' link, and it would be nice to make it so a final remark can be sent back and forth using the game message option.

regards, Marc
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 12:22
    Originally posted by CalJust
    What I am suggesting is that when a player resigns, that the game still appears one last time on the opponent's list of active games, with, perhaps, the message: Your opponent has resigned!

That would give one the opportunity to bury the dead with dignity!

CJ
    I fine idea. And I'd like to add the option to send one last message to your opponent after he resigns. It's a small thing, just a way to reply with a 'your welcome.'

But I think CalJust's idea maybe easier to implement and would be a nice enhancement.
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 16:33
    I used to harp on about this too: but nothing ever happened so I stopped. If you can get it done, power to you!
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 17:00
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    The code needs to be changed so that any move that ends the game will still show up on the 'games waiting' link, and it would be nice to make it so a final remark can be sent back and forth using the game message option.

regards, Marc
    this existed some time ago, no?
    th
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jul '04 19:46
    Originally posted by thire
    this existed some time ago, no?
    th
    No.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree