1. Joined
    03 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 19:02
    Hi - I just ran in and started playing without reading the instructions.
    My first move in my first game didn't generate a response so I decided to end the game, but I clicked resign instead of delete.

I don't suppose there's any way to get this first game, in which only one move was made, removed from the scoreboard?

Thanks.
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 19:59
    Originally posted by wordnumb
    My first move in my first game didn't generate a response so I decided to end the game, but I clicked resign instead of delete.

I don't suppose there's any way to get this first game, in which only one move was made, removed from the scoreboard?

Thanks.
    Nope.

Enjoy the site and the games.
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 20:29
    You started today and resigned because someone didn't move the same day?
    You know this is correspondence chess, right? It can take days or even weeks for someone to move (depending on time-out and timebank settings of course).
  4. Joined
    03 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 20:35
    Yeah, not the most auspicious introduction to the site.
    Never mind, plenty of opportunities to lose by lack of skill rather than bungling.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 07:58
    Didn't you get a popup warning when resigning? The warning should have told you resignation is un-reversable.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 09:19

Thanks.
    Here's an idea. Instead of 'running' in, walk in and take a quiet moment to reflect on and to absorb what this site offers.

Failing that, consider changing your nick to ' brainnumb '.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:43

Thanks.
    dont worry about it and move on. i believe that although it will count as a loss on your scoresheet, because the game didnt get past the first two moves it wont effect your rating.

keep playing, enjoy the site and before you know it you wont even mind that your first game turned out the way it did.
  8. Joined
    03 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 15:30
    z00t - yeah I saw the pop up, but there's no abort game option from the game screen, only on the 'my games' page. I just figured irreversible meant that you couldn't restart the game once you'd ditched that opponent.

MCA - thanks for that info, I'm not exactly crying over my mistake, just a bit of a daft thing to do. Good to know that my rating will only be affected by my legitimately lost games.

skeeter - you should definitely form a team and kill everyone who does anything wrong on the internet.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 16:541 edit
    We all do misteiks. Especially in the beginning. It's just hunan to err.

Your rating will be affected but it will correct itself as you play more games. Nothing to worry about.

Have a good time here on RHP and good luck with your games!
  10. London
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 19:03
    I just ran in and started playing without reading the instructions.
    Don't worry, most people seem to anyway.
  11. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 21:52
    skeeter - you should definitely form a team and kill everyone who does anything wrong on the internet.
    ..starting with anyone called Gav who makes a spelling mistake.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 10:11
    Originally posted by rhb
    ..starting with anyone called Gav who makes a spelling mistake.
    If my name was Gav I would shoot myself.
  13. In your face
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 11:38
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Don't worry, most people seem to anyway.
    The rest just stumble in drunk.

ANyways wordnumb, if you want to delete a game, you can before three moves are made. This is done from the 'My Games' page. There should be a delete icon next to the game in question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree