1. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 15:01
    Forgive what may be a silly question but I can't remember the answer. I recently resigned two tournament games early (moves 2 and 3) because of my game load. My understanding is that only after something like moves four or five would you lose rating points. I lost points (no big deal because I got some lucky ones anyway).
    Am I wrong with this assumption or has it something to do with it being a tournament?
    Game 4599064 for example.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 15:53
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Forgive what may be a silly question but I can't remember the answer. I recently resigned two tournament games early (moves 2 and 3) because of my game load. My understanding is that only after something like moves four or five would you lose rating points. I lost points (no big deal because I got some lucky ones anyway).
    Am I wrong with this assumption or has it something to do with it being a tournament?
    As far as I can see from your graph, you didn't lose rating points for that resignation.

You lost points for your other resignation in which both players had made 2 half-moves: the point at which the game becomes rated.

D
  3. Earth
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 18:23
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    As long as the 'bin' icon is next to the game, resigning it wont lose you points (you dont need to resign, you can click the 'bin' by the way).
    Once the bin goes (after blacks second move) it is a rated game.
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 18:53
    Originally posted by Policestate
    As long as the 'bin' icon is next to the game, resigning it wont lose you points (you dont need to resign, you can click the 'bin' by the way).
    Thanks. It was silly of me to make the 3rd half move in resigning. C'est la vie.
    I couldn't find anything about this in the FAQs BTW.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 22:48
    Originally posted by Policestate
    There are no bins for tournament games. FACT!

Yet games remain unrated until 2 half moves have been made by each player. FACT!

D
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 07:10
    you don't actually lose "anything" when you lose a couple of rating points. your rating goes up and it goes down, unless you draw with a player the same rating as you. after a couple more games your rating will be the same is it would have been without the resignations. the system is pretty cool.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 15:32
    Originally posted by coquette
    your rating goes up and it goes down, unless you draw with a player the same rating as you.
    , or when you play unrated games?😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree