1. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 02:08
    Let's say you got paired with a player in a tournament group that you don't wanna play against (let's leave the reason unknown), and so you resign both games against that player without even moving.

Does the chess etiquette demands that you resign against the other players in that group?
  2. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
    Let's say you got paired with a player in a tournament group that you don't wanna play against (let's leave the reason unknown), and so you resign both games against that player without even moving.

Does the chess etiquette demands that you resign against the other players in that group?
    I see what you mean, the tournament's ruined anyway so it's your choice.
  3. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 02:501 edit
    Originally Skanked by derky52
    Soft
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 08:24

Don't know what the etiquette says, but I would sure be pissed off when I'm in a group and someone gets 6 points for free and when that someone wins the group and I become second. (if I would not have progressed to the next round anyway, I wouldn't care about it).

You can also think for yourself and realise that it is not fair to the other players in the group.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 10:25

I wouldn't mind playing with a person I don't like.
    If he is pissing me off, then I put him on my ignore list and go on playing.
  6. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 10:31
    Originally posted by adje
    Don't know what the etiquette says, but I would sure be pissed off when I'm in a group and someone gets 6 points for free and when that someone wins the group and I become second. (if I would not have progressed to the next round anyway, I wouldn't care about it).

You can also think for yourself and realise that it is not fair to the other players in the group.
    You're right and just convinced me.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 15:48

Its annoying but there is no way in hell I would give that player a "leg up" in the tournament by resigning both games.

If they are on your "ignore" list then the only "in game message" you will get is anything they say on their final move.
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 17:32
    You're right and just convinced me.
    Well done!
    Hope for you that you will not meet him in another tournament group, otherwise your stats and rating get ruined 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree