Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 17 Sep '03 15:00
    On your request Huntingbear this idea of mine in a new thread on the <Help & Site Ideas> forum:

Maybe there should be candidate matches and after that a match to decide who will be the RHP champion for one year !

How about that, Russ ?

Joe
  2. 18 Sep '03 13:34
    I think a match-based championship would rock. I'd love to study the games from it!
    Why, RHP's top players could end up with fans among the rest of us!
  3. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    21 Sep '03 05:36
    How about:
    The top 5 rated players keen to enter.
    Plus the best player under 4000 moves,
    and the best under 2000 moves,
    and the best under 1000 moves.
    That makes 8 players.
    All play all makes either 7 or 14 games each.
  4. Standard member Prophylaxis
    Bad Bishop
    21 Sep '03 11:05
    what about candidate tournaments to select 8 players who then face each other in quarter, semi- and final matches? (just like in real life, well, eh, at least until recently, now we've got 3 or 4 world champions walking around) This would give more players an chanche to compete for the title.

5. 21 Sep '03 11:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Prophylaxis
    what about candidate tournaments to select 8 players who then face each other in quarter, semi- and final matches? (just like in real life, well, eh, at least until recently, now we've got 3 or 4 world champions walking around) This would give more players an chanche to compete for the title.

In my view a good idea, were making progress in this matter !!

But I've been wrong before, ....

6. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    21 Sep '03 20:23
    I like this idea a lot!But let the champion reign for at least two years,maybe even three,'cause I think it might take a year,or more, for such a tourney to end.
  7. Standard member Prophylaxis
    Bad Bishop
    14 Nov '03 23:21
    just wanted to get this thread on top again ( in some kind of a desparate attempt to safe it from the claws of oblivion:'( ) I'm aware of the many 'technical' difficulties that would arise in organising a RHP championship (think alone of the time the championship will take, a 1? 2? year cycle), but wouldn't it be a great 'community-thingy'? Any thoughts? A reaction from one of the top players maybe?
  8. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    15 Nov '03 13:37
    My two cups worth. Swiss format, top twenty/thirty/** RHP ranked invitational tourney. Time controls: 1st 20 moves / 36 hr T/O : thereafter 48 hr T/O Winner is holder of the 'RHP Champion' title until the next tourney. skeeter