1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    08 Aug '03 21:50
    I know it has been mentioned before but now that you have a bit more time what about a RHP Database ?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Aug '03 19:28
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    I know it has been mentioned before but now that you have a bit more time what about a RHP Database ?
    Ironically, since I quit, I have been doing plenty of contracting work - which has left me far less time than originally predicted, but adds to my financial security, so it is not to be turned away.

But anyway, I digress, the answer is 'yes'. Just keep nagging if it doesn't appear in the next month. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Russ
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    10 Aug '03 01:22
    NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    14 Aug '03 13:58
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    hat is a RHP database? (I understand RHP and database, but...)
    th
  5. R.I.P.
    Moves
    16 Aug '03 00:48
    Of games old chap ๐Ÿ˜€
  6. R.I.P.
    Moves
    01 Jan '04 22:04
    How about that RHP Database............................nag nag nag๐Ÿ˜€
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jan '04 15:36
    Chris and I have started discussing the implementation of this now (well nagged). So it really should appear over the next few weeks.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Jan '04 15:45
    ...and in this database we can do advaced seraches like "I want all games of dukemper where we played with wite 1. e5 and won"? yes?
    (something like www.chesslive.de) or what is it?
    thanks,
    th
  9. Candelรกria, RS
    Moves
    16 Jan '04 03:54
    I still think that there's no necessity of implementing this. All that is needed is to set up an existing chess database (Scid, for example), and the minimal work of creating a batch routine that runs every night, for example, to copy all finished games of the day to the database.

But, before that, the PGN generated must be fixed (at least the "seven tag roaster" must be correct.

Later, some changes can be introduced: As a public game is finished, it is *moved* pronto to the database, and the "My Games" page can be changed to only show not ended games. The Archived Games can be replaced by a link to a query that shows the games directly from the database. Private games will be a problem...
  10. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    16 Jan '04 09:533 edits
    Originally posted by cesarakg
    I still think that there's no necessity of implementing this. All that is needed is to set up an existing chess database (Scid, for example), and the minimal work of creating a batch routine that runs every night, for example, to copy all ...[text shortened]... database.

But, before that, the PGN generated must be fixed...
    yes and no... ๐Ÿ™„

I discovered scid yesterday and it's pretty cool ๐Ÿ˜

But I can imagine very well that people want to use the RHP DB for their opponent research (like "I'd like to play against so rated between 1500 and 1650 who does play d4" ).

but for MY games this is a very good suggestion!
    BTW: how do you make the "batch routine"?

You can read in many of mypsotings that a wish of mine is to "repair" the pgn (if I just add a asterisk at the end it works with scid, for Arena import I have to change the casteling to uppercase letters).
    So we keep hoping this becomes perfect some day ๐Ÿ™‚

th
  11. Candelรกria, RS
    Moves
    17 Jan '04 05:06
    Originally posted by thire
    BTW: how do you make the "batch routine"?
    th[/b]
    I was thinking in a simple shellscript or program that is run once a day, perhaps at 0h2min, that queries the site database for games completed at the past day, and feeds the chess (Scid?) database with it.

The exact way it will be implemented depends on the operating system used and it's resources/features, the database used at the web sites (RHP and TFC), and the chess datababase used (Scid?).

If we are talking about a LAMP system (Linux+Apache+MySQL+PHP = LAMP), you can use a shellscript that is started by the standard UNIX tool 'cron' (it watches the system clock and start any routine in the time it was programmed to start). The shellscript will do the MySQL queries and feed the Scid database someway (read 'using resources provided by the database system used'๐Ÿ˜‰.

Batch routines are used to run unattended jobs at computers that runs 24x7. Before the computers become interative, batch jobs was the way tasks where done in it (think punch cards, etc.).

About that Scid Search thing, http://scid.sourceforge.net/help/Searches.html

Best Regards
  12. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Jan '04 08:35
    Originally posted by cesarakg
    I was thinking in a simple shellscript or program that is run once a day, perhaps at 0h2min, that queries the site database for games completed at the past day, and feeds the chess (Scid?) database with it.

The exact way it will be implemented depends on the operating system used and it's resources/features, the database used at the web sites (RHP and T ...[text shortened]...

About that Scid Search thing, http://scid.sourceforge.net/help/Searches.html

Best Regards
    thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
    I hope all this will come soon! ๐Ÿ˜€
    th
  13. R.I.P.
    Moves
    18 Mar '04 21:51
    Any developments ?
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 00:14
    What would be the format of this database?? PGN or chessbase or both or neither, or nag nag nag nag nag, etc.....๐Ÿ™‚¬~
  15. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 00:18
    Scid? Have you tried chessbase light?? It's got everything you could ever expect for free, except some games, that's up to u...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree