RHP downloadable PGN games

RHP downloadable PGN games

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
09 May 04

Russ,

I would like to suggest that all games played at RHP be keep in either one or supplemental PGN databases that we all could download, so we could study specific players play or specific openings.

Can you do this for us? Perhaps the simplest method would be to store all games for a specific period as its own download. This would create a number of downloads over time but make it far easier than saving one PGN game at a time, as is currently the practice. In doing this, you could do away with the individual PGN game downloads from your site.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ed (mustangace)

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
09 May 04

I thought that if it was a public game you could do this anyway.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
09 May 04

you can get all your games (100 at once) by goning to MyGames --> email my games (http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/emailgames.php)
th

R

London

Moves
10 May 04
1 edit

I think Mustangace is referring to dowloading other people's games.

That's something I would have found useful in the past - and might yet want to do in future, if I could find a good chess DB program for the Mac

M

Moves
11 May 04
1 edit

Originally posted by RolandYoung
I think Mustangace is referring to dowloading other people's games.

That's something I would have found useful in the past - and might yet want to do in future, if I could find a good chess DB program for the Mac
Yes, I was referring to other players games. We have some very strong players here who produce very good games. Too, downloading their games would be very handy in preperation against such players in future tournaments. Grandmasters study their opponents play all the time.

While none of us are at that level, emulating them is still a good idea. ๐Ÿ˜€

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
11 May 04

You have to go to public games and view the game, the option is in there.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
11 May 04

... if I could find a good chess DB program for the Mac
does Scid work for mac?
th

Q
Beyond Category

Chattanooga, TN

Moves
11 May 04

...if I could find a good chess DB program for the Mac

IF you've not done so already, you may want to have a look at ExaChess, a DB for Mac.
http://www.exachess.com/

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
11 May 04

some time ago there was a discussion going on here about a RHP database. but I can't remember the thread ๐Ÿ™
th

M

Moves
14 May 04

Originally posted by Exy
You have to go to public games and view the game, the option is in there.
Yes, I know I can do that to download one game at a time, thanks.

I am talking about downloading a batch of games for a selected player, which is much faster and easier to import into programs such as ChessBase or Chess Assistant. Doing one by one is not easy or fun... ๐Ÿ™

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
14 May 04
1 edit

Oh ok. Sorry, I'm not really clued on this as I have no idea what these programs do. Why would you want to load someone else's games into software. I don't understand.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
14 May 04

I guess:
to learn more about his playingstyle and his quality.
th

c

Candelรกria, RS

Moves
14 May 04

Originally posted by thire
I guess:
to learn more about his playingstyle and his quality.
th
Of course! You can learn how strong your opponent is playing with what color, and what are the preferred opening and/or system. You can also search for some innovation in some position that you are studying. But I think that the better reason is to make bigger your already big database of games.

R

London

Moves
14 May 04

Originally posted by thire
does Scid work for mac?
th
It doesn't seem to have been ported yet. When I've got my head around the Mac development tools (they come free with the operating system - can Windows developers believe that? ๐Ÿ˜› ) I might see if it will build and run in the Mac's X11 environment.

ExaChess (thanks Queequeg ๐Ÿ™‚ ) looks as if it will do the job, except that the free version has limitations on database size and the 'Pro' costs $125.

If anyone wants to know what chess database software is good for, the ExaChess home page (www.exachess.com) gives a very good explanation. If you have Windows or Linux, Scid does pretty much everything that's described there. One feature you must not use, of course, is the facilty to use an engine to analyse games you are still playing. The fact that ExaChess seems to be designed to show plausible moves even without an external engine could be a problem here.