Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    22 Jan '03 10:19
    there are 25,000 guys playing chess here. they come from all over the world. have you ever thought of translating the site into german, spanish, french, ... I guess many players could help with their mother tounges (I konw someone for german 😉 )
    would be great if everyone could choos his/her own language!
    this makes the comunity really internationa, open, blabla...
    th
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    22 Jan '03 11:59
    The internationalisation of a web site like this is a massive job, and it means you must take a rather more formal approach to everything you do. I have been involved in a project before where we did this, and it required lots of tools and some full time translators. (For example, I would be unable to answer feedback)

It is way beyond what is practical for a non-commercial site like this. Sorry about that.

-Russ

3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    22 Jan '03 14:13
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timeforchess.com&langpair=en%7Cfr&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Try this for a French version. Goolge will translate into many languages as you browse. Very cool.

-Russ
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    22 Jan '03 14:48
    Originally posted by Russ
    The internationalisation of a web site like this is a massive job, and it means you must take a rather more formal approach to everything you do. I have been involved in a project before where we did this, and it required lots of tools and some full time translators. (For example, I would be unable to answer feedback)

It is way beyond what is practical for a non-commercial site like this. Sorry about that.

-Russ

I can imagine...
    But why not just translate the playing area?
    All news, the forum, ... stays English.
    Just the things that are "fix" are availible in different languages.