1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 10:19
    there are 25,000 guys playing chess here. they come from all over the world. have you ever thought of translating the site into german, spanish, french, ... I guess many players could help with their mother tounges (I konw someone for german 😉 )
    would be great if everyone could choos his/her own language!
    this makes the comunity really internationa, open, blabla...
    th
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 11:59
    The internationalisation of a web site like this is a massive job, and it means you must take a rather more formal approach to everything you do. I have been involved in a project before where we did this, and it required lots of tools and some full time translators. (For example, I would be unable to answer feedback)

It is way beyond what is practical for a non-commercial site like this. Sorry about that.

-Russ

3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 14:13
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timeforchess.com&langpair=en%7Cfr&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Try this for a French version. Goolge will translate into many languages as you browse. Very cool.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 14:48
    Originally posted by Russ
    The internationalisation of a web site like this is a massive job, and it means you must take a rather more formal approach to everything you do. I have been involved in a project before where we did this, and it required lots of tools and some full time translators. (For example, I would be unable to answer feedback)

It is way beyond what is practical for a non-commercial site like this. Sorry about that.

-Russ

I can imagine...
    But why not just translate the playing area?
    All news, the forum, ... stays English.
    Just the things that are "fix" are availible in different languages.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree