rules??

Standard memberjaycee
Help 21 Apr '04 15:49
  1. Joined
    04 May '03
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 15:49
    i have lost all my pieces except for my king.......isnt there a rule that saysafter you move your king X# of times.....its a stale mate? or something...please help
  2. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 16:09
    Originally posted by jaycee
    i have lost all my pieces except for my king.......isnt there a rule that saysafter you move your king X# of times.....its a stale mate? or something...please help
    i always was made to believe it was 49 times....but someone told me no such rule exists
  3. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 16:15
    The rule is there. After 50 halfmoves the game is drawn or the draw can be claimed. I am not sure if this will happen automatically.
  4. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 16:33
    Originally posted by tejo
    The rule is there. After 50 halfmoves the game is drawn or the draw can be claimed. I am not sure if this will happen automatically.
    whats a half move compared to a move?
  5. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 16:42
    Originally posted by purclecow
    whats a half move compared to a move?
    I made a mistake. The rule is 50 moves or 100 halfmoves. A move is defined as one move made by white and one by black, so a halfmove is one move by white OR one move by black
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 16:58
    The complete rule is: after 50 moves without a capture or pawn move a draw can be claimed.

Note that this does is not possible on rhp,you have to contact russ or chrismo for this.

Sir Lot
  7. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 17:142 edits
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    The complete rule is: after 50 moves without a capture or pawn move a draw can be claimed.

Note that this does is not possible on rhp,you have to contact russ or chrismo for this.

Sir Lot
    Actually there is now a 'claim draw' feature 🙂 The button is next to 'Offer Draw' at the side of the playing board.

Andrew
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 19:18
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Actually there is now a 'claim draw' feature 🙂 The button is next to 'Offer Draw' at the side of the playing board.

Andrew
    This is true. The claim draw feature will trap a number of draw conditions - including this one.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 19:41
    Cool!A feature we needed,saves chrismo and russ some work 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree