Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 21 Apr '04 15:49
    i have lost all my pieces except for my king.......isnt there a rule that saysafter you move your king X# of times.....its a stale mate? or something...please help
  2. Standard member purclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    21 Apr '04 16:09
    Originally posted by jaycee
    i have lost all my pieces except for my king.......isnt there a rule that saysafter you move your king X# of times.....its a stale mate? or something...please help
    i always was made to believe it was 49 times....but someone told me no such rule exists
  3. Standard member tejo
    a unique loser
    21 Apr '04 16:15
    The rule is there. After 50 halfmoves the game is drawn or the draw can be claimed. I am not sure if this will happen automatically.
  4. Standard member purclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    21 Apr '04 16:33
    Originally posted by tejo
    The rule is there. After 50 halfmoves the game is drawn or the draw can be claimed. I am not sure if this will happen automatically.
    whats a half move compared to a move?
  5. Standard member tejo
    a unique loser
    21 Apr '04 16:42
    Originally posted by purclecow
    whats a half move compared to a move?
    I made a mistake. The rule is 50 moves or 100 halfmoves. A move is defined as one move made by white and one by black, so a halfmove is one move by white OR one move by black
  6. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    21 Apr '04 16:58
    The complete rule is: after 50 moves without a capture or pawn move a draw can be claimed.

Note that this does is not possible on rhp,you have to contact russ or chrismo for this.

Sir Lot
  7. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    21 Apr '04 17:14 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    The complete rule is: after 50 moves without a capture or pawn move a draw can be claimed.

Note that this does is not possible on rhp,you have to contact russ or chrismo for this.

Sir Lot
    Actually there is now a 'claim draw' feature The button is next to 'Offer Draw' at the side of the playing board.

Andrew
  8. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Apr '04 19:18
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Actually there is now a 'claim draw' feature The button is next to 'Offer Draw' at the side of the playing board.

Andrew
    This is true. The claim draw feature will trap a number of draw conditions - including this one.

-Russ
  9. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    21 Apr '04 19:41
    Cool!A feature we needed,saves chrismo and russ some work