Russ.....some help w/ sieges

Russ.....some help w/ sieges

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
13 Jan 04

Russ, i just tried to enter a seige an the waiting line is 35 people ....i dont know about you but that could take 4 months really jsut to be able to play 1 game.....how about more seige castles?????or different castles for like people rater from0-1300, 1301-1600, and 1601-3000 or something like that ....thanx

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
13 Jan 04
1 edit

i think the solution is to have the one queue feed into all castles of that time limit, that would then move four times as fast and stop one person taking all castles in a particular time limit (imagine edmond dantes holding them all!).

i think the queue should also be trimmed to a shorter length, 10 or 15 people say.

regarding castles of different ratings - tournaments sometimes do this, and someone with a temporarily low rating clobbers everyone else - it needs to be that entrants must never ever have had a rating higher than the limit (provisional ratings not counting of course, because they fluctuate so wildly), then the issue will crop up of someone who improves ??? i am not sure how to deal with that.

ps 35 games will take a lot lot lot longer than 4 months, 4 years is more likely.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Jan 04

I know I need to revisit sieges soon I suspect I will add a number of new castles with rating limitations initially.

-Russ