Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    02 Sep '05 22:45
    I'm playing this game and my opponent refused my draw offer (why????),so I went for a draw claimed for insufficent material but the thing doesn't work.
    It's a K+N vs K endgame..........Game 1366708
  2. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 00:34
    And so many of you don't agree with my views on beginners and the basic rules...

    🙄
  3. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    03 Sep '05 00:40
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    And so many of you don't agree with my views on beginners and the basic rules...

    🙄
    I never said it.
    To be honest I think that a beginner should bother to learn the rules before playing a game,it's the most logic thing to do.
  4. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 00:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I never said it.
    To be honest I think that a beginner should bother to learn the rules before playing a game,it's the most logic thing to do.
    I didn't mean you personally. I'm starting to think there are too many players here who don't know all the basic rules. Apparently, it doesn't matter about things like Stalemate and en passant, because these are "advanced" rules familiar only to "advanced" players.

    Cor blimey!
  5. 03 Sep '05 05:16
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    I didn't mean you personally. I'm starting to think there are too many players here who don't know all the basic rules. Apparently, it doesn't matter about things like Stalemate and en passant, because these are "advanced" rules familiar only to "advanced" players.

    Cor blimey!
    what does this have to do with Rav not being able to get his draw?
  6. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    03 Sep '05 05:47
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    And so many of you don't agree with my views on beginners and the basic rules...

    🙄
    If you think this ISN'T a draw, maybe it's you who needs to learn something.
  7. Standard member Nyxie
    The eyes of truth
    03 Sep '05 06:57
    Originally posted by orfeo
    If you think this ISN'T a draw, maybe it's you who needs to learn something.
    Technically it's not a draw, it's a stalemate.
  8. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 11:34
    Originally posted by Coconut
    what does this have to do with Rav not being able to get his draw?
    lol
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 11:35
    Originally posted by orfeo
    If you think this ISN'T a draw, maybe it's you who needs to learn something.
    lol
  10. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 11:35
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Technically it's not a draw, it's a stalemate.
    lol
  11. 03 Sep '05 23:14
    Stalemate is when you cannot legally move, e.g. moving into check with no other move available etc. But here both white and black could make a legal move, so this is not Stalemate.
  12. Standard member Nyxie
    The eyes of truth
    04 Sep '05 08:13
    Originally posted by jadam35
    Stalemate is when you cannot legally move, e.g. moving into check with no other move available etc. But here both white and black could make a legal move, so this is not Stalemate.
    Right...

    Let's all just ask bowwman he seems to care.
  13. Standard member Natural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    04 Sep '05 15:46
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I'm playing this game and my opponent refused my draw offer (why????),so I went for a draw claimed for insufficent material but the thing doesn't work.
    It's a K+N vs K endgame..........Game 1366708
    So, did you end up being able to claim the draw or did your opponent finally relent and agree to one?
  14. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    04 Sep '05 16:21
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    So, did you end up being able to claim the draw or did your opponent finally relent and agree to one?
    My opponent finally accepted the draw but the ClaimDraw option still doesn't work properly.
  15. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 Sep '05 10:48
    You are right, the insufficient material check needs some improvements.

    -Russ