Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    29 Jan '04 02:24
    Hi Russ , here's the question: in games 376744 & 376739 a week ago the 3 days T/O expired,timebank started and said 13.23 & 13.25.Saturday,as we all know, there were some problems with T/O but my T/B showed 14&14.Monday other games were going right but, in those above, T/B showed again 13.23 & 13.25 again and today 29 January shows the same ...................I sent reminders but player doesn't play (he moved on 27 Jan)and timebank doesn't decrease.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
  2. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    29 Jan '04 05:13 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Hi Russ , here's the question: in games 376744 & 376739 a week ago the 3 days T/O expired,timebank started and said 13.23 & 13.25.Saturday,as we all know, there were some problems with T/O but my T/B showed 14&14.Monday other games were go ...[text shortened]... oesn't decrease.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    Well everyone, those are my games Ravello is bleating about so I will take the right of reply.

Hey Ravello, whats ur problem? Here you are whinning in the forums about how it's sooooo hard to cope with a mere 50 games and yet somehow seem to find the time to criticise the way I manage my 200+ game load.

The other point is that it appears you simply do not know how the timeout/timebank system works.
    Whenever you move my timebank is not effected until the 3 day t/o period has expired and that applies to every subsequent move you make, and I am happy to let it nibble away. Then I move and you move and then the 3 days starts again etcetera etcetera .

If you want to move 28.5 seconds after I do then by all means play like that but I will use all my available time to make my moves knowing full well, and I will be blunt here, that you will not be there in 40 moves!

I've looked at a few of ur agames in the New Server Tourney and noticed that in some games you have made 30 and 40 moves but in others only 3 and 4?

That is not good game management and the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
  3. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    29 Jan '04 11:05
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Well everyone, those are my games Ravello is bleating about so I will take the right of reply.

Hey Ravello, whats ur problem? Here you are whinning in the forums about how it's sooooo hard to cope with a mere 50 games and yet somehow seem to find the time to criticise the way I manage my 200+ game load.

The other point is that it appears you simply d ...[text shortened]... nd the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
    did ravello criticise you? i do not see criticism here, just questioning.

as a newer player ravello is right to be concerned of an escalating gameload - and keep it under control. Well done !

as for ravello getting some of the games finished quickly by putting in the time and effort and moving fast - why do you say that is bad? do you say your rating is a little higher than ravello's and so he should copy you? if so then maybe you should check out the playing style of Mr. dantes.

p.s. a cheeky sigh
  4. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    29 Jan '04 15:03

The other point is that it appears you simply d ...[text shortened]... nd the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
    Hey skeeter what's your problem?Why are you so pissed off?I was only asking,I simply didn't know that if you move after T/B started the 3 days T/O started again!
    You say I criticise your way to manage games..........can you tell me where and when I did that?
    And how about YOU criticising my way to manage games?I just try to concentrate on fewer games..........
    I apologyze if I can't handle my mere 50 games instead of your 200+ games , I'm not a genius like you..................
  5. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    29 Jan '04 19:16
    a bit off topic, but with the subject of the thread it's okay 😉 :
    I did not have a warning clock before the timebank started to run out. is that right and okay Russ?
    th
  6. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    29 Jan '04 19:40
    Originally posted by thire
    a bit off topic, but with the subject of the thread it's okay 😉 :
    I did not have a warning clock before the timebank started to run out. is that right and okay Russ?
    th
    I too raised this with Russ and he indicated that when the new server/new host dust settles he will introduce it

skeeter
  7. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    30 Jan '04 11:30
    I too raised this with Russ and he indicated that when the new server/new host dust settles he will introduce it

skeeter
    OK, very good!
    I just verfified with and old game that there are warnings 24 h before if there is no timebank and there is nothing if there is a tb
    th
  8. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    31 Jan '04 16:41
    ...and it'd be interesting to see that my opoonent is using his tb! could you indicate that?
    thanks,
    th
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    01 Feb '04 00:03
    Yeah, I guessed someone would ask for this.

I will try to take a break from RHP Live 2(and changing nappies) and do a few minor pieces of RHP work like this tomorrow.

-Russ