1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 02:24
    Hi Russ , here's the question: in games 376744 & 376739 a week ago the 3 days T/O expired,timebank started and said 13.23 & 13.25.Saturday,as we all know, there were some problems with T/O but my T/B showed 14&14.Monday other games were going right but, in those above, T/B showed again 13.23 & 13.25 again and today 29 January shows the same ...................I sent reminders but player doesn't play (he moved on 27 Jan)and timebank doesn't decrease.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 05:133 edits
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Hi Russ , here's the question: in games 376744 & 376739 a week ago the 3 days T/O expired,timebank started and said 13.23 & 13.25.Saturday,as we all know, there were some problems with T/O but my T/B showed 14&14.Monday other games were go ...[text shortened]... oesn't decrease.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    Well everyone, those are my games Ravello is bleating about so I will take the right of reply.

Hey Ravello, whats ur problem? Here you are whinning in the forums about how it's sooooo hard to cope with a mere 50 games and yet somehow seem to find the time to criticise the way I manage my 200+ game load.

The other point is that it appears you simply do not know how the timeout/timebank system works.
    Whenever you move my timebank is not effected until the 3 day t/o period has expired and that applies to every subsequent move you make, and I am happy to let it nibble away. Then I move and you move and then the 3 days starts again etcetera etcetera .

If you want to move 28.5 seconds after I do then by all means play like that but I will use all my available time to make my moves knowing full well, and I will be blunt here, that you will not be there in 40 moves!

I've looked at a few of ur agames in the New Server Tourney and noticed that in some games you have made 30 and 40 moves but in others only 3 and 4?

That is not good game management and the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 11:05
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Well everyone, those are my games Ravello is bleating about so I will take the right of reply.

Hey Ravello, whats ur problem? Here you are whinning in the forums about how it's sooooo hard to cope with a mere 50 games and yet somehow seem to find the time to criticise the way I manage my 200+ game load.

The other point is that it appears you simply d ...[text shortened]... nd the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
    did ravello criticise you? i do not see criticism here, just questioning.

as a newer player ravello is right to be concerned of an escalating gameload - and keep it under control. Well done !

as for ravello getting some of the games finished quickly by putting in the time and effort and moving fast - why do you say that is bad? do you say your rating is a little higher than ravello's and so he should copy you? if so then maybe you should check out the playing style of Mr. dantes.

p.s. a cheeky sigh
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 15:03

The other point is that it appears you simply d ...[text shortened]... nd the very reason that you struggle. And thats all I have to say about that

the skeeter
    Hey skeeter what's your problem?Why are you so pissed off?I was only asking,I simply didn't know that if you move after T/B started the 3 days T/O started again!
    You say I criticise your way to manage games..........can you tell me where and when I did that?
    And how about YOU criticising my way to manage games?I just try to concentrate on fewer games..........
    I apologyze if I can't handle my mere 50 games instead of your 200+ games , I'm not a genius like you..................
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 19:16
    a bit off topic, but with the subject of the thread it's okay 😉 :
    I did not have a warning clock before the timebank started to run out. is that right and okay Russ?
    th
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 19:40
    Originally posted by thire
    a bit off topic, but with the subject of the thread it's okay 😉 :
    I did not have a warning clock before the timebank started to run out. is that right and okay Russ?
    th
    I too raised this with Russ and he indicated that when the new server/new host dust settles he will introduce it

skeeter
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    30 Jan '04 11:30
    I too raised this with Russ and he indicated that when the new server/new host dust settles he will introduce it

skeeter
    OK, very good!
    I just verfified with and old game that there are warnings 24 h before if there is no timebank and there is nothing if there is a tb
    th
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 16:41
    ...and it'd be interesting to see that my opoonent is using his tb! could you indicate that?
    thanks,
    th
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 00:03
    Yeah, I guessed someone would ask for this.

I will try to take a break from RHP Live 2(and changing nappies) and do a few minor pieces of RHP work like this tomorrow.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree