Russ

Russ

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Over seas

Moves
11 Dec 03

Howdy, I saw a chess game in the store that was quite interesting. It was a four player chess game Each player started on oposite sides of a square board going in turns, all against all. Looked iteresting. Boy would that be brutal here. Just the thought of secret allies, trechery, and such. I am drooling. gotta go.

Thanks
Mike

r

Over seas

Moves
11 Dec 03

I'm back.
Would anyone be interested in this. Maybe it could be incorporated into clan battles. More of a team effort. But I immagine the code would be a nightmare. But you can do anything! er right?

P

Moves
11 Dec 03

Sounds like fun 😉

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
11 Dec 03

As it is, adding another 2 players to a board would require a complete rewrite of a quite a bit of (now bug free) code. Not sure I savour the prospect of that right now, but in the future, who knows.

-Russ

r

Over seas

Moves
11 Dec 03

I think that I am going to buy the game tonight and bring it on monday to the chess club. I cant immagine what middle game will look like. should be a blast.

Mike

L

Amsterdam

Moves
11 Dec 03

I've seen a board on the Corus Chess Tournament (formely Hoogovens Tournament) with 3 players, but I've never seen one with 4.....sounds fun!

Olav

The British Clan

In a house

Moves
15 Dec 03

Hey , just like to know say you start a clan and no one joins and your tired of it is there any way to delete the clan or are you stuck with it. If anyone knows please tell me.🙂

L

Amsterdam

Moves
15 Dec 03

Originally posted by speedy123
Hey , just like to know say you start a clan and no one joins and your tired of it is there any way to delete the clan or are you stuck with it. If anyone knows please tell me.🙂
Nobody joins a clan for no reason, you should let people know that your clan exist, goad! Taunt!

If you really can't handle all the presure anymore (😉), just let the site admin, Russ, know, that it's killing you.

Olav

c

Moves
17 Dec 03

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to the site and really enjoying it.
Back in the old days of correspondence chess ( by snail mail) we were able to propose 'conditional moves' i.e. 'if you play 10w. NxB, I play 10b. QxN' , for example. The opponent is of course free to accept or reject the proposal.
This speeded up games, particularly where the reply was obvious, and I wondered if there was a way of incorporating it into RHP games.
I can see that the suggestion could be included in a message to your opponent but it would then need to be recorded somehow in the game score.

N

Moves
19 Dec 03

Conditional moves is another great idea to speed up games !
I am pro pro pro 😲 🙄 😀

c

Moves
21 Dec 03

Originally posted by colleman
Hi,

I'm a newcomer to the site and really enjoying it.
Back in the old days of correspondence chess ( by snail mail) we were able to propose 'conditional moves' i.e. 'if you play 10w. NxB, I play 10b. QxN' , for example. The opponent is of course free to accept or reject the proposal.
This speeded up games, particularly where the reply was obvious ...[text shortened]... d in a message to your opponent but it would then need to be recorded somehow in the game score.
Russ - are you there?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Dec 03

Originally posted by colleman
Russ - are you there?
Always here.

Conditional moves are a good idea. (It has been asked for before)

I will certainly look into it. But as with all these things, if you don't hear anymore about it for a while, bring it up again. I promise too many things....

-Russ