Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 25 Jul '04 12:16
    Is there a way to search the forum other than by poster's name? Seems like this ability would help prevent the same questions from being asked over and over
  2. 25 Jul '04 12:35
    Originally posted by Cliffhanger
    Is there a way to search the forum other than by poster's name? Seems like this ability would help prevent the same questions from being asked over and over
    There was an option to search forums by Subject, but it was removed because IIRC it was putting the strain on site bandwidth.
  3. 26 Jul '04 13:14
    As I recall, Russ said it was removed during one of the builds, but that the facility would be put back...?
  4. 26 Jul '04 13:57
    Originally posted by Lazaraus
    As I recall, Russ said it was removed during one of the builds, but that the facility would be put back...?
    It was this thread:

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=11960

5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Jul '04 17:32
    Originally posted by Panuka
    It was this thread:

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=11960

How did you find that thread without a search?

We will probably add a Google search option for the forums soon as a compromise solution.

-Russ
  6. 26 Jul '04 18:53
    Originally posted by Russ

We will probably add a Google search option for the forums soon as a compromise solution.

-Russ
    With the google idea Toe posted

Feivel
  7. 26 Jul '04 22:35
    Originally posted by Russ
    I just remembered that I saw a thread with this theme not so long ago, so just a little searching and I found it on page 5.
  8. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    27 Jul '04 00:21
    Originally posted by Cliffhanger
    used to be able to