1. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 10:07
    I'm often in the position that I've wasted my chance to send a reminder to my oppent, and then they TO, and I have the opportunity to claim a win. However, I'd like to give them another chance, but can't.

How about allowing a second reminder, if one is in the position to claim a win?

Cheers,
    chippo
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 10:29
    You can easily do that now. All you have to do is go to the game and use the 'e-mail your opponent' option. And now with the latest upgrade you can send a message to any other member.

regards, Marc
  3. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 14:40
    But that doesn't help any! You end up disclosing your email address.

I really like the current scheme, where RHP acts as an anonymity server, and while interacting in a public environment, I still don't get a sh^H^H bunch more spam.

I want to send the anonymous reminder.
  4. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 14:53
    The in-site messaging feature doesn't use email addresses. If you opponent just isn't visiting RHP anymore and hasn't responded to your reminder just take the timeout and don't worry about it. Failing that just archive the game just in case he/she ever comes back.

Rhymester
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 14:573 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 16:25
    I personally quit sending move reminders. I tried it a few times and they didn't seem to make much of a difference.

My personal feeling about the whole issue is as follows:

I'm here to play chess. I know I have games in progress, and I assume the responsibility to keep track of them and move when it's my turn. I don't expect anyone to have to tell me when it's my turn to move. I respect my opponents intelligence and assume that I don't need to tell them when it's their turn either.

regards, Marc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree