1. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 03:49
    First -- I did my homework and did a search of the Forums and read every thread on Blackberries and mobile devices. So please don't send me links to those threads unless I clearly overlooked the answer to this question.

I can connect to mobile.redhotpawn.com on my BlackBerry and I can see my games and the board just fine. But for the life of me I don't see how to select pieces and move them! I have JavaScript enabled.

I can't be the only BlackBerry user in the world on RHP. Anybody out there with some advice as to what I'm failing to figure out that is is obvious to everyone else?

I'm on a BB Curve if that makes any difference. Opera Mini and Opera Mobile aren't supported on this device, so that isn't a help.

Thanks in advance,
    qbit
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 09:02
    you know how to select and draw things on other sites?
    and the keys for that dont work on RHP site?

could try and ask for data support on the customer service from your provider. but since you do get the connection i doubt they can really help you..
  3. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 20:19
    Navigating the site works fine. I can scroll from link to link and click. I've tried "selecting" the board and clicking on it, but it doesn't seem like it does anything. Like I said, I can't be the only BB user on RHP!
  4. Joined
    22 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 23:08
    I also wanted to use RHP on my blackberry but don't even see the board, I see all the rest of the site, but not the actual game... I am new to the site, but had hoped to be able to use BB to move... So can anyone help us????
  5. Joined
    22 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 09:08
    I am also having problems with my Blackberry.

I can select the individual pieces on the board, but have not yet figured out how to move them.

Any help will be appreciated.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 07:59
    Originally posted by qbit
    First -- I did my homework and did a search of the Forums and read every thread on Blackberries and mobile devices. So please don't send me links to those threads unless I clearly overlooked the answer to this question.

I can connect to mobile.redhotpawn.com on my BlackBerry and I can see my games and the board just fine. But for the life of me I don't see ...[text shortened]... Mobile aren't supported on this device, so that isn't a help.

Thanks in advance,
    qbit
    similar situation for me, I do not even see the board properly, it is shown for a few seconds while the page builts up, and then it is somehow deformed - any idea?
  7. Joined
    02 Mar '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 22:57
    Buy an inexpensive Chess program for your Blackberry that will recognize PGN format. Have the red hot pawn send your games to you by email in PGN format and paste or load them into your chess program. That is what I had to do to use my Treo 755p. I am using Chess Tiger Software.
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    19 May '08 07:09
    use opera mini... works great for me on a 8820.

http://www.operamini.com/
  9. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 18:55
    Opera Mini -- this turned out to be the only solution.

First I tried upgrading my Curve 8300's Blackberry OS to 4.5. The browser for that was better -- I could finally select a piece! But no go. I couldn't move it after selecting it.

Installed Opera Mini, works great. Much better browser anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree