1. Joined
    30 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 17:41
    How do you send a message to your opponent, such as "Good Game" during or immediately after a game? I have gotten some but don't see how to create a message, besides clicking on the members name, but I think there must be a place to send a game specific message.

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and my apologies for such a lame question!!!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 17:52
    Originally posted by squewered
    How do you send a message to your opponent, such as "Good Game" during or immediately after a game? I have gotten some but don't see how to create a message, besides clicking on the members name, but I think there must be a place to send a game specific message.

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and my apologies for such a lame question!!!
    When the games is over, you cannot send an in-game message, but you can allways send a message thru RHP's mail system.
    Go to "My Home" at the red bar, chpose "My Messages" and from there send a message.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 17:58

During the game, you can send ingame messages - click on "Message your opponent", right under "Submit move". When the game is finished, have a look at "My Home" - "My Home". The game will show up there in the list of games finished in the last seven days, and if your opponent sent you a message with the last move, you can see the message there together with a link that creates a PM to your opponent with the game number in the title and a link to the game in the message box.
  4. Joined
    30 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 18:51
    Thanks for the responses, I did notice that at time there was a button to click during the game, but didn't see it when I wanted to send a message, Thanks again!!!
  5. Alabama
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 16:281 edit
    Thanks for the responses, I did notice that at time there was a button to click during the game, but didn't see it when I wanted to send a message, Thanks again!!!
    Actually, I think there is a button, but only if your opponent sends you a message on the last move. In that case if you look at your list of games you'll see the final message and a "return message" button that you can use to reply. I don't know if it posts a reply on the game though, or just sends it through the message system.

{Edit: Meh, Nordlys already said that, above. Oh well.} 😕
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 18:08
    It appears that some people responding to your original question might be mixing up two different messaging systems that are available.

I think you are asking about 'in-game' messages, which are the ones that appear above the chess board. You can only send an 'in-game' message when you submit a move. If it's not your turn to move, you will not have that option. There is a message log that is maintained on the game page and you can review it at any time.

The PM system is an internal e-mail system and has nothing to do with a game. You can PM anyone at any time regardless of whether you are playing a game with them or not.

I hope this is helpful!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree