1. Joined
    23 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 12:25
    Hey, I don't know if this is a help request or a feature request, but I'd like to pre-define a series of conditional moves. Is that possible? If not, it'd be a neat feature to have.

Additionally, it'd be cool if the conditional moves system was more proactive (I think that's the word I want to use). It'd be nice if it would say, for example, that a certain move on my opponent's part was impossible (because, for example, it wouldn't get him out of check). I don't think I've run into a situation where I've needed it before, but I'm sure it'd come in handy for making sure I don't click the wrong thing.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by whitehat
    Hey, I don't know if this is a help request or a feature request, but I'd like to pre-define a series of conditional moves. Is that possible? If not, it'd be a neat feature to have.

Additionally, it'd be cool if the conditional moves system was more proactive (I think that's the word I want to use). It'd be nice if it would say, for example, that a cert re, but I'm sure it'd come in handy for making sure I don't click the wrong thing.
    Sequences are possible using DEEP mode. Look for the link after clicking 'conditional moves'.

Legality testing would be nice - if we're going to let people analyze with software that checks legality, then why not build it in to the conditional move interface too?

---------------------------

Slightly off-topic, but wouldn't it be sweet if the whole conditional interface worked like this:

Edit: moved the proposal to Thread 110417

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree