1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 04:29
    I would like to use the analyze window to solve problems, or to play out illustrative games. The right-click on the board seems to enable me to place pieces. There is a remove piece function, So I should be able to take pieces off the board and place others on it. But I cannot make any of that happen. Does the analitic page not have this facility?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 14:49
    It does all of that plus you can toggle the color of a piece and add a piece to an empty square. Right click a piece or empty square and then left click your selection.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 02:47
    Thank you. After I thought to right click I was able to do all you said. But I struck a big snag. Say I'm working in a corner; I place a King @ h7, two Bishops @ g8 & g7, all is well. Then I place two Pawns @g6 & f7....the King and the Bishops vanish! And g8, g7 and h7 are poisoned! I cannot place anything in those squares. Bummer.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 09:54
    Originally posted by gref
    Thank you. After I thought to right click I was able to do all you said. But I struck a big snag. Say I'm working in a corner; I place a King @ h7, two Bishops @ g8 & g7, all is well. Then I place two Pawns @g6 & f7....the King and the Bishops vanish! And g8, g7 and h7 are poisoned! I cannot place anything in those squares. Bummer.
    There does seem to be bugs with the analysis board when you place pieces or toggle color. Weird things can happen.
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 18:23
    Strange problem. It worked fine when I tried that sequence. Maybe "Send Feedback" at the bottom of any page.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:07
    Yes, I sent a bug report. Another fellow told me that he found the program very buggy. We'll see what RHP Central has to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree