1. Joined
    17 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 12:09
    I'd like to play a set piece game here.

I've figured out how to get the FEN and PPN(?), but I don't know how to actually set the game up. It keeps giving me an error message (You have not created a legal board position for a set piece game.).

I didn't see anything in the FAQ or in the backlog of the Help section of the forum. Anybody toss me some help so I can show a friend how badly I would have beaten him if we'd continued?

The Black Emperor
    7H3l3L4K3MP3l20l2
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 12:222 edits
    I haven't done it before but I just looked and it seems pretty straight forward.

Click on "New Game"
    The type in the name of the person you want to play or their email address.

If you want to set this up as an Open Game then select that option instead (applying whatever time bank / rating filters you want). All Set Piece games are unrated.

Then below "Set Piece Game" you need to put a tick in the Advanced box. When you do this it will open up an editable board that you can edit to your spec. However, I cannot see a way of loading the layout of the board from PGN or FEN.

Hope this helps.

😀
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 12:28
    Yup, that's what's not happening.

There's no board appearing when I "tick it."

It just gives me the error message. I'm using Explorer, should I switch browsers maybe?

The Black Emperor
    7H3l3L4K3MP3l20l2
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:06
    I'm using IE v6.0 and it works fine. 😕
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:15
    I'm using Opera 7.5. It worked for me.

You could try a different browser but it seems weird that it doesn't work in IE. I know other people have been setting up set-piece games so maybe someone else can pitch in and give you some advice.

6. Standard membergameover9
    11 games waiting
    far from u I hope
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:35
    I'll try to see if I can figure it out once I ckeckmate this person in one move. I have IE
  7. Standard membergameover9
    11 games waiting
    far from u I hope
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 21:53
    what piece are you setting up and where that doesn't work?
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '04
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 08:30
    I don't know if anyone tried to fix anyting or if my computer just started listening to sense, but it works now and I've got the game all setup. For some reason the problem was that the extra window with the board config would immediately close upon opening. Doesn't seem to be happening now.

Thanks, again

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree