should i refresh?

should i refresh?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Joined
22 Sep 03
Moves
748
31 Oct 03

😵
i aways refresh to check whether my opponent does the move. is there another method to know that except refreshing?

:'(

t
Xebite

in front of you

Joined
06 Jan 03
Moves
15730
31 Oct 03

no, I don't know any... but do not tell this Russ (site admin), to refresh very often let the server work a lot
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Joined
21 Feb 01
Moves
2427
31 Oct 03

Originally posted by thire
no, I don't know any... but do not tell this Russ (site admin), to refresh very often let the server work a lot
th
Red Hot Agent will run in your system tray and refresh in an 'efficient' manner. It is not available yet, but will be before the end of the year.

-Russ

R

London

Joined
05 Mar 03
Moves
6047
31 Oct 03

You could always enable email move notifications and keep checking for new mail - that would shift the load to your mail server.

All pages on the RHP site have the red bar at the top with the 'N games waiting' text - if you picked one of these that contains mostly static information (or at least information that doesn't depend on who is looking at it) then refreshing that might not put too much of a load on the server, but it will eat up bandwitdh.

I think either the list of forums or the list of open invites might be among the cheapest pages to refresh, but mail notifications must be best.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Joined
06 Jan 03
Moves
15730
31 Oct 03
1 edit

Originally posted by RolandYoung
I think either the list of forums or the list of open invites might be among the cheapest pages to refresh, but mail notifications must be best.
very good suggestion!!!
perhaps even more static: the help pages!
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Joined
06 Jan 03
Moves
15730
31 Oct 03

Originally posted by Russ
Red Hot Agent will run in your system tray and refresh in an 'efficient' manner. It is not available yet, but will be before the end of the year.

-Russ
Russ, U R unbeatable... 😀 (in chess or as code monkey? 😉 )
th