1. Joined
    22 Sep '03
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 05:58
    😵
    i aways refresh to check whether my opponent does the move. is there another method to know that except refreshing?

:'(
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 08:31
    no, I don't know any... but do not tell this Russ (site admin), to refresh very often let the server work a lot
    th
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 10:09
    Originally posted by thire
    no, I don't know any... but do not tell this Russ (site admin), to refresh very often let the server work a lot
    th
    Red Hot Agent will run in your system tray and refresh in an 'efficient' manner. It is not available yet, but will be before the end of the year.

-Russ
  4. London
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 10:15
    You could always enable email move notifications and keep checking for new mail - that would shift the load to your mail server.

All pages on the RHP site have the red bar at the top with the 'N games waiting' text - if you picked one of these that contains mostly static information (or at least information that doesn't depend on who is looking at it) then refreshing that might not put too much of a load on the server, but it will eat up bandwitdh.

I think either the list of forums or the list of open invites might be among the cheapest pages to refresh, but mail notifications must be best.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 11:111 edit
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    I think either the list of forums or the list of open invites might be among the cheapest pages to refresh, but mail notifications must be best.
    very good suggestion!!!
    perhaps even more static: the help pages!
    th
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Oct '03 11:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    Red Hot Agent will run in your system tray and refresh in an 'efficient' manner. It is not available yet, but will be before the end of the year.

-Russ
    Russ, U R unbeatable... 😀 (in chess or as code monkey? 😉 )
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree