1. Joined
    24 Sep '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 22:07
    I can't seem to start a Private tourny nor can I get involved in a siege game. Am I missing something obvious?
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 22:28
    You must have 6 members in your clan to start a private tournament.

When you join a siege it can often takes months for you to get to the board. That is the best way I can phrase it.
  3. Joined
    25 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 22:351 edit
    what are sieges and how do you join them
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 22:53
    First you need to subscribe. Then go to the siege page and join the queues for the boards you like the look of. It's good fun. I'm holding two boards at the moment.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by downed love
    what are sieges and how do you join them
    Link at the top right of the screen.

The concept of sieges is quite simple. Some 'controls' a board. They defend it playing as black. Challengers come and try to win the board playing as white.
    If the challenger wins the game - he's now the defender for the next challenger. It has to be a win - draws count as a successful defence.

Queues form for the right to challenge. There are many boards to choose from in many different time controls - the queue sizes may seem daunting but for quick time controls they'll rattle along nicely.

[not sure if you need to subscribe in order to join a queue]?
    edit - subscription seems necessary - cheers lukerik
  6. Joined
    25 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 23:48
    from what i understand the stars mark players a members but ome of the players under the siege link at the top don't have stars dosn't this mean you don't have to pay to siege
  7. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 00:22
    Unfortunately not. That player must have joined the queue before his subscription ran out.
  8. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 11:20
    Originally posted by orangutan
    draws count as a successful defence.
    I though a draw counted as an unsuccessful defence. Don't you have to win as black to keep control of the board?
  9. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 11:30
    if you draw and your whites you win the table,so yes if you draw as blacks you lose the board control.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 11:501 edit
    [siegeid]4[/siegeid] is currently held by erice1 who has been banned from the site and his subscription cancelled.

The other two without stars were subscribers whose subscriptions have expired - but they can finish any tournament/clan/siege games they have started.

Don't know what happens to board 4 though - maybe send feedback to get Russ to terminate the current game.
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 21:46
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I though a draw counted as an unsuccessful defence. Don't you have to win as black to keep control of the board?
    You're right - I got that all wrong
    Here's what it says on the siege page :-

Win as white to capture the board, winning as black will successfully defend the board.
    A draw will count as a capture for white, and the defending black player will be ousted.
    A queue of challengers will develop - the defender must play each in sequence until beaten.
    The defender or the new challenger may start the next waiting game at anytime.
    You may only be in one queue for each timeout series, although you may be at a board and waiting in a different queue.
    Dominate this game by achieving consecutive successful defences.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree