Site time

Site time

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
30 Apr 05

just curious if it's a problem on my end or the sites end:

when i set my timezone to -5gmt (being that i live in a -5gmt EST area) it says the current time is an hour too early (in other words the site clock is an hour slow?)

just curious if this is a problem for me or for everyone

Sais

Berks.

Moves
30 Apr 05

Did you remember to put your clocks forward this year?

GMT doesn't move forward/back, so there will be two different time settings needed for you throughout the year.

c

Moves
30 Apr 05

yeah my clocks change for dst automatically - it's strange though that i've never come across this situation anywhere else, i guess other sites maybe just have built-in calculations to account for dst..

anyways, thanks for clearing that up

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
30 Apr 05

Originally posted by c0uchm0nster
yeah my clocks change for dst automatically - it's strange though that i've never come across this situation anywhere else, i guess other sites maybe just have built-in calculations to account for dst..

You can adjust it going to My Settings>my time zone

Sais

Berks.

Moves
30 Apr 05

But not everyone uses the same changes for summer, if you're based around one country you could do it, but different places do it at different times. I've had to change my clocks twice like that within a few weeks thanks to a move overseas.

c

Moves
01 May 05

yes ravello i know. my point was that i live in a -5GMT timezone, but when i set that page to -5GMT it was an hour too early - this is because not everywhere/one practices daylight savings time (clocks move forward an hour in the fall and back in the spring).

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 May 05

yes ravello i know. my point was that i live in a -5GMT timezone, but when i set that page to -5GMT it was an hour too early - this is because not everywhere/one practices daylight savings time (clocks move forward an hour in the fall and back in the spring).
We're the ones moving... RHP never seems to make the time switch.

ES

The winemaker

Austria

Moves
01 May 05

GMT doesn't change for summer time <http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/>
As you can see at the moment UK local time is GMT+1