Moves
    27 Sep '07 03:59
    Originally posted by Mad Mac MacMad
    It's clear smilie abuse
    No smileys were harmed in the making of that picture. 😞
  3. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 20:14
    They have to be stopped, once and for all.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 23:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Can you refer to any abuse of Smilies?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?authorname=widget
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:06
    Originally posted by Crowley
    That joke is SOOOOOO 26 Sep '07 09:48
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 09:313 edits
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Mr Widget is not abusing smilies, he's using them! 😛
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 14:57
    Mr Widget is not [b]abusing smilies, he's using them! 😛[/b]
    Oh yeah? And I'm sure he can quit anytime he wants. Right?! RIGHT?!

You're not helping him any.

P-
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 16:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Oh yeah? And I'm sure he can quit anytime he wants. Right?! RIGHT?!

You're not helping him any.

P-
    Yes, he can quit whenever he wants. The fact that he doesn't want to quit is not a sing of abuse, is it?

Like me and my chess abu..., sorry, use for fun and pleasure doesn't mean that I can't quit whenever I want. I just not want to quit playing chess. But I can, right? Whenever I want, right?

Not to mention vacation abuse. Someone said that there is no such thing as vacation abuse. If it is possible to use it cannot be abuse. Same with smilies, right?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 17:41
    Yes, he can quit whenever he wants. The fact that he doesn't want to quit is not a sing of abuse, is it?

Like me and my chess abu..., sorry, use for fun and pleasure doesn't mean that I can't quit whenever I want. I just not want to quit playing chess. But I can, right? Whenever I want, right?

Not to mention vacation abuse. Someone said that there i ...[text shortened]... ing as vacation abuse. If it is possible to use it cannot be abuse. Same with smilies, right?
    Russ has said we can use vacation any way we please
    Chris has asked us not to use too many smilies in a post as it slows the page.

You're welcome.

P-
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 19:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Russ has said we can use vacation any way we please
    Chris has asked us not to use too many smilies in a post as it slows the page.

You're welcome.

P-
    "Russ has said we can use vacation any way we please"
    Any way? Any way?
    Oh, that includes, not only misuse but also, abuse?

(Yes, we don't agree on this one, but we have a lot of fun, don't we?)
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 19:57
    "Russ has said we can use vacation any way we please"
    Any way? Any way?
    Oh, that includes, not only [b]mis
    use but also, abuse?

(Yes, we don't agree on this one, but we have a lot of fun, don't we?)[/b]
    There is no need for agreement on this one. It is not open to interpretation. There are only facts.

Russ stated that players can use their vacation time any way they want. By referring to players abusing or misusing the system, you imply they are breaking/bending the rules, feeding anger at an individual player, who is simply using a system as it was defined.

That system is no doubt imperfect, but accusing players of wrong doing can only be described as unfair and unnecessary. Your efforts, which you currently use to cheerlead for people wanting to ridicule players who use the system, should be redirected to getting the imperfect system fixed.

This is done simply: introduce a further variable for game/comp creation: Allow Vacation, Yes/No

D
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 21:42
    Now we're into the vacation discussion agan. I regret I brought it up.

For the record:

One vacation is better than none, even if it's not 100% flawless. The vacation system of today is not the ideal one but it is the best we have now. (H*ll, I use it myself when I have to.) The problems (if any) of this vacation system is far to small to let it go into a heated discussion. I'm satisfied of what we currently have.

Every one knows that I have a suggestion of (in my humble opinion) a better vacation system but, it demands some programming, I understand why it is not implemented, of whatever reason.

But we have already a vacation system, it is called "Time bank", that allows us to take a break whenever we want for a certain period of time for each game we have. Any other vacation system is a bonus.

Again - I don't think this is so important so I have to defend my opinion with every means needed. RHP is the best correspondence chess site on the net and I stand behind it 100%.

I'm very sorry I brought it up (the abuse of the vacation system), it was meant as a joke, my intention was not to start a new heated debate about it. I gladly let this discussion die in peace.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 05:40
    Now we're into the vacation discussion agan. I regret I brought it up.

For the record:

One vacation is better than none, even if it's not 100% flawless. The vacation system of today is not the ideal one but it is the best we have now. (H*ll, I use it myself when I have to.) The problems (if any) of this vacation system is far to small to let it go ...[text shortened]... was not to start a new heated debate about it. I gladly let this discussion die in peace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree