1. Standard membermherwijn
    Mherwijn
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 09:061 edit
    In game Game 1085290 I moved my pawn to C4 with his next move my opponent took this pawn on C3!!!

Can someone explain what happened???

Gr

mherwijn
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 09:16
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=enpassant

-Russ
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 10:39
    It's nearly absolutely inconceivable that there are still players here on RHP that are ignorant of the "en passant" rule. Pathetic.

skeeter
  4. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 16:49
    that's not a very charitable attitude is it! Most people in the West know about chess but don't know about this rule. It doesn't get used that often, so people who pick the game up as they go along without the benefit of being taught or the impulse to read books can surely be forgiven for not knowing about this?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 19:41
    We do get plenty of 'bug reports' sent as feedback regarding this, so mherwijn, you most certainly are not alone.

-Russ
  6. Joined
    07 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 19:55
    One of your members, robinhood, isn't being fair. He is in a dead position, but he refuses to play.
    From some reason, his time bank does not deplete.
    So I am stuck with a win that isn't realized yet.
    He is ignoring my reminders and messages. He is a sub', so he can leave it just like that, but I am on a free account and I need every slot I can get.

His time bank is stuck at 6.8 for two days. He doesn't have that symbol of an airplane, and he plays a move every day, just not in our game!

What can I do?
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    that's not a very charitable attitude is it! Most people in the West know about chess but don't know about this rule. It doesn't get used that often, so people who pick the game up as they go along without the benefit of being taugh ...[text shortened]... to read books can surely be forgiven for not knowing about this?
    Jeez you spout a lot of bull drop BF. Be a good chap, pop back under your rock and preach to someone else. I could give a rats pitoot about your puerile opinion on what constitutes "charitable attitude" as you have been clearly incapable of demonstrating it in the past.

skeeter

grammar edit.
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 21:04
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I could give a rats pitoot about your puerile opinion on what constitutes "charitable attitude" as you have been clearly incapable of demonstrating it in the past.
    Now don't be a hypocrit; you are a very naughty boy / girl yourself on regular occasions!
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 21:09
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Now don't be a hypocrit; you are a very naughty boy / girl yourself on regular occasions!
    Who me? Aiko...how could you😉

skeeter
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 22:53
    It's nearly absolutely inconceivable that there are still players here on RHP that are ignorant of the "en passant" rule. Pathetic.

skeeter
    Please feel free clarify whether the degree of inconceivability you allude to is near, or if it is absolute. It cannot be both, as any fule kno.

Pitiful.

11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 01:43
    Originally posted by 24
    Please feel free clarify whether the degree of inconceivability you allude to is near, or if it is absolute. It cannot be both, as any fule kno.

Pitiful.

I'll spell it out for the redneck newbie. For the want of a comma it would read : "..... nearly, absolutely inconceivable..." so it can be both as any pond dweller should know. Why don't you??

skeeter
  12. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 10:461 edit
    .... "charitable attitude" .....
    hey skeeter,
    can you please tell me what this means?
    what does someone do when they have a 'charitable attitude'?
    what does it mean?
    what are they like?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '03
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 11:00
    Originally posted by mherwijn
    In game Game 1085290 I moved my pawn to C4 with his next move my opponent took this pawn on C3!!!

Can someone explain what happened???

Gr

mherwijn
    en passant - look at the rules of chess
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 11:53
    Originally posted by flexmore
    hey skeeter,
    can you please tell me what this means?
    what does someone do when they have a 'charitable attitude'?
    what does it mean?
    what are they like?
    Please address all correspondence to BelgianFreak. If he doesn't reply then hop over to FW and call him out. I'm sure that goad will provoke our little piece of gutter snipe into a reasoned reply. Lots of luck.

skeeter
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 13:18
    I'll spell it out for the redneck newbie. For the want of a comma it would read : "..... nearly, absolutely inconceivable..." so it can be both as any pond dweller should know.
    skeeter
    Skeeter, your aggressive writing style (and I use the term advisedly) indicates some underlying trauma or unaddressed issue. So much anger! So much contempt, so little respect for others!

Clearly you experience low self-esteem......one is tempted to think you have been starved of any real respect, love or affection in your life?

I suppose that in the circumstances it is only natural for you to feel bitter and twisted and be consumed with rage, as is exhibited in the indiscriminate and constant flow of bile you exude.

Being an ill-educated, (albeit a happy and motivated) Redneck, the above is of course nought but a guess.

How about you come clean, and acknowledge that the hostility and contempt you constantly show toward other people is merely your means of masking your own self-loathing?

Alternatively, just have another rant. It becomes you, and my shoulders are broad.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree