1. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 17:16
    Sorry but I have registered for this site but no longer wish to use it. I still keep gettin emails challenging me to games. Please could u advise on deregistration

Thanks
  2. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 20:47
    I suppose that there really ought to be a "delete me" somewhere, but at least you could set yourself up not to allow challenges. Click on "My Settings" and then (on the pulldown) on "My Challenge Settings" and set the "maximum games" to 0. Then you shouldn't get any challenges.

Best wishes,
    Paul
  3. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 20:50
    Originally posted by carlnorth
    Sorry but I have registered for this site but no longer wish to use it.
    🙁:'(😞🙁:'(😞
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 09:59
    it's a sad fact that you want top leave the site - perhaps you want to change your oppinion?
    but I agree, there should be something in the FAQ "How to leave" and what happens then (with my games and so on...)
    th
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 10:102 edits
    But he hasn't subscribed and he's only made 2 moves. Surely the current system processes this sort of casual passer-by every week? The games will time out and that's that.
  6. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 10:13
    Sorry but I have registered for this site but no longer wish to use it. I still keep gettin emails challenging me to games. Please could u advise on deregistration

Thanks
    Sorry you want to leave. If you are sure in you decision then try these actions:

Go to 'My Settings' in the red tab bar and select 'My Site Settings'. Untick the 'Receive move notifications' box and click 'update' at the bottom. Hopefully this will prevent e-mails being sent to you.

Go to 'My Settings' again and select 'My Challenge Settings'. Change 'Maximum Games' to 0. You could also change maximum rating to 1 as no ones rating is as low as this. Hit update and no one should be able to challenge you.

These steps won't deleat your account but should stop people starting games against you and should prevent any more e-mails.

Jon
  7. Standard memberRootie
    umm...
    Souf London
    Moves
    28 Jul '04 22:42

Thanks
    I think this person should be commended for actually trying to de-register. There are so many registered peeps who only used the site for two days back in 2002 etc who are using up space on the server and nicknames that can't be re-used. I think a de-registration button would be useful...or automatic de-registration after not moving for a year...
  8. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    28 Jul '04 23:08

Thanks
    Hi,

I have done this for you.

Please let me know if I can help further.

-Chris

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree