Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    14 Sep '03 16:48
    I've had a guy say lu' and vache. What was he trying to say?

    I know he plays chess and try to get him to join RHP. Told him I am phlabibit. He may come in with a name like Ivan... but not sure he will join.

    Oh,well. We will see.

    Phla-
  2. Standard member royalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    14 Sep '03 16:51
    "Vache" as a noun is "cow", but as an adjective modifying a person is an insult comparing its subject to an animal.
  3. 14 Sep '03 17:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I've had a guy say lu' and vache. What was he trying to say?

    I know he plays chess and try to get him to join RHP. Told him I am phlabibit. He may come in with a name like Ivan... but not sure he will join.

    Oh,well. We will see.

    Phla-
    Hello Phlabibit,

    "Une vache" is a cow (in its proper or litterally meaning). But used in its figurative meaning, it may be considered as nasty words . If you say to someone "Tu es vache", it means that you are a lazy person and generally you don't want to do anything.

    Milou
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    14 Sep '03 18:56
    Originally posted by Milou
    Hello Phlabibit,

    "Une vache" is a cow (in its proper or litterally meaning). But used in its figurative meaning, it may be considered as nasty words . If you say to someone "Tu es vache", it means that you are a lazy person and generally you don't want to do anything.

    Milou
    Perhaps he doesn't like USA....

    Eh, I don't understand why he would insult me when we were hardly able to talk.

    Oh well! Thanx guys.

    Phla-
  5. 14 Sep '03 19:23
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Perhaps he doesn't like USA....

    Eh, I don't understand why he would insult me when we were hardly able to talk.

    Oh well! Thanx guys.

    Phla-
    Maybe you made a good move and he didn't like that!

    Olav
  6. 14 Sep '03 19:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I've had a guy say lu' and vache. What was he trying to say?

    I know he plays chess and try to get him to join RHP. Told him I am phlabibit. He may come in with a name like Ivan... but not sure he will join.

    Oh,well. We will see.

    Phla-
    lu' vache (?)
    louis vache (?)
    je suis vache (?)
    j'suis vache (?)

    If he said the latter, he will not come and play on the site.

    IvanH.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    14 Sep '03 21:33
    IvanH... what do the terms mean? I don't speak any French.

    Olav... we never even go to play chess.... He added me to his list in Messanger... I just hope perhaps he is a cow cuz he is to lazy to join RHP.

    Thanx again all you guys.

    Trav-
  8. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    14 Sep '03 21:46
    Maybe if you give the entire sentence,it might be more clear what he meant.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    14 Sep '03 22:09
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Maybe if you give the entire sentence,it might be more clear what he meant.
    That is all he said...

    He came online and said "Lu' "

    I sent a cuz I already knew he speaks no English.

    Next he said Vache... or whatever....

    I said... English???

    He said "No".

    I said Chess!

    He said yes.

    I said www.redhotpawn.com

    Je me pal Phlabibit. (I am sure I slaughtered the spelling)

    He said "i am ivan, bye"

    I said "bye bye!"

    That was it.

    P-

  10. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    15 Sep '03 02:19
    Nice conversation! LOL
    Don't think he was calling you a cow though.But I have no idea what he was trying to tell you
  11. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    16 Sep '03 18:13 / 1 edit
    j'suis vache (?)

    If he said the latter, he will not come and play on the site.

    IvanH.[/b]
    how do you know? The Brits got 'Mad Cow's Disease', now the French have 'intelegent Cow's disease'. The buggers are playing chess now!
  12. 17 Sep '03 22:09
    oui oui...?

  13. 18 Sep '03 01:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That is all he said...

    He came online and said "Lu' "

    I sent a cuz I already knew he speaks no English.

    Next he said Vache... or whatever....

    I said... English???

    He said "No".

    I said Chess!

    He said yes.

    ...[text shortened]... "i am ivan, bye"

    I said "bye bye!"

    That was it.

    P-

    Well, this is really funny. I don't think he called you Vache(Cow)

    I think "Lu" means Hallo. The French swallow a lot of the letters in a word. That's because they love to eat, even their own words.

    That "vache" could be a sentence beginning with "Va" which means "go"
    "Chez" cold be the next word meaning for instance "Chez moi" or "Chez toi"

    Maybe he (are you sure it was a he?) was asking "Chez moi ou chez toi " which means "Your place or mine" .....

    ... and when you said " Je me pal Phlabibit", maybe he thought you were saying " I'm pal papippit."

    ... and then he said " I am Ivan, bye "

    ... and he hung up quickly ........ Lóóóóóól


    IvanH.
    It certainly was not me
  14. 18 Sep '03 01:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    IvanH... what do the terms mean? I don't speak any French.

    Olav... we never even go to play chess.... He added me to his list in Messanger... I just hope perhaps he is a cow cuz he is to lazy to join RHP.

    Thanx again all you guys.

    Trav-

    "Je suis vache" means "I'm lazy."

    So I guess he will not join RHP.

    Did you try to locate an "Ivan" as handle on RHP ?

  15. 18 Sep '03 01:28
    When I tried to locate Ivan there were about 10 handles that could be him.I did not check whether they were new on RHP or not and I did not check their profiles either.

    Good luck.