1. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 19:35
    I just made a move with one of my 2 Queens and put my opponents King in checkmate. Then I got a message that the game ended in a Stalemate. I have several pieces including both Queens that I can move, and my opponent can't move his King anywhere. The game now shows that it ended in a draw. How do I get this corrected to show that I won the game?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 19:411 edit
    Originally posted by Dreamweaver
    I just made a move with one of my 2 Queens and put my opponents King in checkmate. Then I got a message that the game ended in a Stalemate. I have several pieces including both Queens that I can move, and my opponent can't move his King anywhere. The game now shows that it ended in a draw. How do I get this corrected to show that I won the game?
    You did not put the King in check. So you didn't win, since the King is not attacked, but he can't go anywhere either. That is the condition for stalemate which in chess is a draw.

Edit Game 7701239

btw Qh4 would have been the move you probably should have made.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 01:09
    When only your opponent's king can move, it's a good idea to check (1) that the king actually either (1) is in check or (2) has an available move, before clicking Submit. This avoids the horrible experience of turning a won game into a stalemate.
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 05:031 edit
    Qg1 ??? The horror, the horror. Either Queen to h4 was mate. Just what were you thinking ?? Jesus wept.

skeeter
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 10:10
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Qg1 ??? The horror, the horror. Either Queen to h4 was mate. Just what were you thinking ?? Jesus wept.

skeeter
    lol, go easy on the guy. Hes obviously not the best chess player if he needed that extra material for a checkmate, so lets give him a break🙂

Jesus wept for your harsh comment;D
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 15:45
    I've played that Jesus dude in several tournaments. Good player, loves to use his Bishops, and he is always willing to sacrifice.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 17:14
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I've played that Jesus dude in several tournaments. Good player, loves to use his Bishops, and he is always willing to sacrifice.
    In CC chess he tends to stop moving in late March or early April and won't move again until Easter.

P-
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 06:01
    he's always up for a rematch and he puts up with me and doesn't hold a grudge. we have trouble communicating though, cause spanish is his 1st language

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree