1. Joined
    22 Jan '02
    Moves
    12 Aug '03 17:56
    I don't really like the tournaments only because why can Pawn stars enter the tournaments whilst non pawn stars just play 5 games. To add the Clans I have loads of buddies and I want to make a clan but then it says only Pawn stars can do this I wish something would change and make us more challenging!
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    12 Aug '03 18:02
    Originally posted by Tommo
    I don't really like the tournaments only because why can Pawn stars enter the tournaments whilst non pawn stars just play 5 games. To add the Clans I have loads of buddies and I want to make a clan but then it says only Pawn stars can do this I wish something would change and make us more challenging!
    Tommo,

I understand your frustration butthere are good reasons why the rules you've listed exist.

People with starts have paid a subscription to the site for a year which effectively pays for the bandwidth that they use. People who haven't payed for a star still get to play at this great site, but only 5 (6?) games at a time. Still, not bad for free.

both tournements and clan play require that you play many more than 6 games at a time, therefore they have to be restricted to star owners.

I hope you stick around and enjoy as much as you can. Maybe even get a star yourself, if you can

Jon
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Aug '03 18:48
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    Tommo,

I understand your frustration butthere are good reasons why the rules you've listed exist.

People with starts have paid a subscription to the site for a year which effectively pays for the bandwidth that they use. People who haven't payed for a star still get to play at this great site, but only 5 (6?) games at a time. Still, not bad fo ...[text shortened]... u stick around and enjoy as much as you can. Maybe even get a star yourself, if you can

Jon
    You get what you pay for... you pay nothing.... you still get something at RHP. I think I only played 2 or 3 games here when I knew a star was well worth it... plus help to pay for this wonderful site.

Da BesT
  4. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    12 Aug '03 21:26
    Originally posted by Tommo
    You wish something would change?
    Well,15$ would do the trick 😵
  5. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    13 Aug '03 08:43
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    You wish something would change?
    Well,15$ would do the trick 😵
    don't be too harsh - he is 12. At that age 50p was a lot to me. (But that was when 50p were 50p, when you could get fish 'n chips and still 'ave change for 't bus ride 'ome)
  6. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    14 Aug '03 00:141 edit
    don't be too harsh - he is 12. At that age 50p was a lot to me. (But that was when 50p were 50p, when you could get fish 'n chips and still 'ave change for 't bus ride 'ome)
    Or alledges to be 12.

The point is still vaild regardless, and more-so, outwith the developed west, $15 can be rather a lot.

Much of he diversity of people on this site is promoted by the ability of people to pay without subsciption, and with the exception of false accounts for cheeting purposes, the non-paying players are more than welcome in my book.

Those that can afford but choose not to, are either infrequent players or slightly smelly.

However, the chess community can only gain from the input from as many people as possible: the more the game is played, the better.

Unless of course everyone stops subscribing, in which case RHP would fold and we'd all be complicit in doing Russ over.
  7. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    14 Aug '03 06:31
    Harsh!?That wasn't harsh!Was it?Well,didn't intend it to sound harsh anyway.
    Didn't realise he was 12 either.😲
    Ok,I'll shut that big hole under my nose :'(

ps: Sorry,no such luck.The hole has a will of it's own 🙄🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree