STOP BUTTON

Standard memberlionel
Help 25 Feb '03 22:22
  1. Red Hot Rebels Clan
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 22:22
    How about a stop button that you can use before the move takes place if you hit the move button and than, oh damn.
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    26 Feb '03 09:04
    Originally posted by lionel
    How about a stop button that you can use before the move takes place if you hit the move button and than, oh damn.
    No, I think it is okay, as it is now: you have the "preview" (you piece is actually moved) [which is not allowed in normal=real chess - Yes iknow we play corespondence chess... by the way: are there any official rules?] and you can take your time. when you hit the button, the move is done. I also guess that your suggestion is technicaly impossible: The move is sent immediately.
  3. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    26 Feb '03 14:38
    Hee hee-- I think the move goes through pretty much instaneously. Goodness knows I've tried to stop a few without success.

Maybe there should be a little dialogue box that says "are you SURE you want to make that move?" 😀
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    26 Feb '03 14:45
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Hee hee-- I think the move goes through pretty much instaneously. Goodness knows I've tried to stop a few without success.

Maybe there should be a little dialogue box that says "are you SURE you want to make that move?" 😀
    yes, okay... but if there should be such a dialouge box the this should be optional.

When I saw the first time the help button (which is in the same lightblue box as the Move button) I thought I can ask Rival for a little help (I'd use this button quite frequently 😉)
  5. Red Hot Rebels Clan
    Moves
    27 Feb '03 16:19
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro

Mine is not always sent instaneously. Sometimes it just sits there like it's waiting for me to stop it.
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Feb '03 16:25
    Mine is not always sent instaneously. Sometimes it just sits there like it's waiting for me to stop it.
    exactly - I konw this: Then I can't stop staring at the screen... and suddenly it turns out to be a bad move and... ah too late! 🙁
  7. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Feb '03 23:04
    That's because they are your moves 🙂

Amici Sumus

Feivel
  8. DonationSmash
    Its MY country
    Canada
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 00:40
    View the position in "offline" mode

disconnect your mouse and put a hammer to your enter key

😉
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    01 Mar '03 00:57
    For me, the only ones that are sent instantly are the ones which I want to take back. I have never been able to take back a move after hitting the button, including closing the window, force-crashing
    the browser and unplugging the computer from the wall.

😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree