Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member lionel
    Ray
    25 Feb '03 22:22
    How about a stop button that you can use before the move takes place if you hit the move button and than, oh damn.
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    26 Feb '03 09:04
    Originally posted by lionel
    How about a stop button that you can use before the move takes place if you hit the move button and than, oh damn.
    No, I think it is okay, as it is now: you have the "preview" (you piece is actually moved) [which is not allowed in normal=real chess - Yes iknow we play corespondence chess... by the way: are there any official rules?] and you can take your time. when you hit the button, the move is done. I also guess that your suggestion is technicaly impossible: The move is sent immediately.
  3. 26 Feb '03 14:38
    Hee hee-- I think the move goes through pretty much instaneously. Goodness knows I've tried to stop a few without success.

Maybe there should be a little dialogue box that says "are you SURE you want to make that move?" 😀
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    26 Feb '03 14:45
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Hee hee-- I think the move goes through pretty much instaneously. Goodness knows I've tried to stop a few without success.

Maybe there should be a little dialogue box that says "are you SURE you want to make that move?" 😀
    yes, okay... but if there should be such a dialouge box the this should be optional.

When I saw the first time the help button (which is in the same lightblue box as the Move button) I thought I can ask Rival for a little help (I'd use this button quite frequently 😉)
  5. Standard member lionel
    Ray
    27 Feb '03 16:19
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro

Mine is not always sent instaneously. Sometimes it just sits there like it's waiting for me to stop it.
  6. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    27 Feb '03 16:25
    Mine is not always sent instaneously. Sometimes it just sits there like it's waiting for me to stop it.
    exactly - I konw this: Then I can't stop staring at the screen... and suddenly it turns out to be a bad move and... ah too late! 🙁
  7. 28 Feb '03 23:04
    That's because they are your moves 🙂

Amici Sumus

Feivel
  8. Donation Smash
    Its MY country
    01 Mar '03 00:40
    View the position in "offline" mode

disconnect your mouse and put a hammer to your enter key

😉
  9. Standard member Nemesio
    Ursulakantor
    01 Mar '03 00:57
    For me, the only ones that are sent instantly are the ones which I want to take back. I have never been able to take back a move after hitting the button, including closing the window, force-crashing
    the browser and unplugging the computer from the wall.

😕