1. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 20:23
    Ahem,

Once again I've clicked 'submit'...and yes there is no way back,or is there?
    If your quick enough with the mouse perhaps you can....??
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 22:03
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Ahem,

Nope.
    Submit is ... submit.

Clicking 'back' in your browser only shows you where you were - it can't take away the move that has been submitted to the server.

You could try running to your ISP and pulling the plug on them, but you'd need to get there before your submission did (i.e. faster than a speeding electron) - the guys repairing the large hadron collider in Switzerland might be interested if you could perform such a feat.
  3. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 01:56
    Ahem,

Might be good for site ideas. Like a double check. Moves have to be made twice 24 hours apart. If you make the same move ok, but if you don't rhp wont accept the move. 🙄
  4. Arizona
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 04:20
    they got this thang......it's called analyze board. try that puppy out. 🙂
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 12:541 edit
    Ahem,

I see people try this OTB all the time. I've also seen a few fist fights over this issue. OTB if you take your fingers off the piece it's a move and no turning back. I think in a professional chess tournament you can't even touch a piece unless you're going to move that piece, But I don't know forsure.
    Here on RHP you actually have all the time in the world not to make the wrong move. Submit is submit. Nothing left but the crying after that. I have my tissue close by. I suggest the same.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 15:31
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I see people try this OTB all the time. I've also seen a few fist fights over this issue. OTB if you take your fingers off the piece it's a move and no turning back. I think in a professional chess tournament you can't even touch a piece unless you're going to move that piece, But I don't know forsure.
    Here on RHP you actually have all the time in ...[text shortened]... . Nothing left but the crying after that. I have my tissue close by. I suggest the same.
    Click!

"are you sure you're sure?!"

Click!

"ok, one last chance!"

Click!

"move submitted."

Opps! Wrong move!

Just don't move until you are sure. If you hit the button, you better be sure.

P-
  7. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 13:11
    Hit the Esc. button!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 18:273 edits
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Here on RHP you actually have all the time in ...[text shortened]... . Nothing left but the crying after that. I have my tissue close by. I suggest the same.
    In tournaments I was involved in if you touched a piece you moved it.

Unless you said to your opponent fixing or adjusting, then you could adjust a piece or pieces, so they were more centered in the square. Some players are quite fussy about this. I don't know if there is a ruling on how many times you can do this or not. I played in the CFC tournaments.

I have moved pieces here and hit the submit only to find I left a piece hanging, but it is too late then. It is a good idea to take longer than 5 seconds to make your move too. 😉
  9. ALG
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 06:04
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It is a good idea to take longer than 5 seconds to make your move too. 😉
    Why are you working on 'moving too fast' then?
  10. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 18:45
    when I had dial-up, It worked to pull the plug, and I did it twice.

However, with high speed internet, you can forget it.
  11. Joined
    10 Aug '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 13:37
    before you click submit - make doubly sure that you submit the wrong move, in that way, you won't feel so bad in submitting the correct move.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 14:22
    If I have my mouse pointer on the submit button and press the left mouse clicker and hold it down, nothing will happen. The click is registered once I release the clicker, and not before then.

But if I still hold down the clicker and drag the mouse pointer away from the submit button, then the click will not be registered as a submit, and I have a chance to reconsider the move.

No guarantee that this will work on your system, though...
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If I have my mouse pointer on the submit button and press the left mouse clicker and hold it down, nothing will happen. The click is registered once I release the clicker, and not before then.

But if I still hold down the clicker and drag the mouse pointer away from the submit button, then the click will not be registered as a submit, and I have a chance to reconsider the move.

No guarantee that this will work on your system, though...
    Should work in any application... any system. The function only works when the button is released, not on click. Just drag mouse away from the button/option.

This feature has saved my LIFE at one point.

P-
  14. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 20:58
    There has been once or twice where I was able to cancel a submit (I do have highspeed). Every once in a while the little green bars take a while...that is, the computers are talking but the move hasn't been registered yet.

However, I have tried this and failed far more times than I've succeeded!
  15. Los Angeles
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 18:53
    Ahem,

Sit on your hands until you're sure!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree