subscribing another user?

subscribing another user?

Help

g

Middletown, CT

Moves
22 Nov 03

I'm trying to subscribe a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. However, I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out a way to do so without him knowing about it. Is there a way of subscribing someone else without logging in as that person?
greenphreak

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
22 Nov 03
2 edits

Originally posted by greenphreak
I'm trying to subscribe a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. However, I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out a way to do so without him knowing about it. Is there a way of subscribing someone else without logging in as that pe ...[text shortened]... ?
greenphreak
If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rather than your own. :-)

It's also a good idea to copy your frind's nick at the start so that you can paste it in... that way you won't have a problem if you type the name incorrectly.

A few day's later your friend will have a yellow star next to their name.

Andrew

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Nov 03

Originally posted by Rhymester
If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rathe ...[text shortened]... rrectly.

Andrew
Thanks Rhymester.

This is all correct, apart from the star will appear instantly - so you may want to do it as close to Christmas as possible.

-Russ

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
23 Nov 03

Originally posted by Russ
Thanks Rhymester.

This is all correct, apart from the star will appear instantly - so you may want to do it as close to Christmas as possible.

-Russ
You must have better qualified elves these days 😉

non-player

Moves
10 Dec 03

I subsrcibe by mistake, please remove my subscription as i used my employer email address. I will subscribe later using the correct one

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
13 Jan 04

Originally posted by fmodishane
I subsrcibe by mistake, please remove my subscription as i used my employer email address. I will subscribe later using the correct one
so... did you already subscribe 😉
zero moves... 🙄
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
15 Jan 04

Originally posted by Rhymester
If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rathe ...[text shortened]... rrectly.

Andrew
when I click on a star i reach a page with "order details" I continue and come to "Billing Information", where at the end it says "Complete order now". i did not dare to click there because I could not yet type in my freind's nickname. (BTW: for the email field: should I use my or his adress?)
thanks for help,
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
15 Jan 04

Originally posted by thire
when I click on a star i reach a page with "order details" I continue and come to "Billing Information", where at the end it says "Complete order now". i did not dare to click there because I could not yet type in my freind's nickname. (BTW: for the email field: should I use my or his adress?)
thanks for help,
th
Thire,

Fill in everything as if you were ordering for yourself (so your email address). After completing the order you can then enter your friend's name to assign the star.

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
15 Jan 04

thanks Russ, it worked very well!
and he (franz007at) got his star very very fast (<30sec) ... 😏
that's RHP 🙂
th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.