1. Middletown, CT
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 22:02
    I'm trying to subscribe a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. However, I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out a way to do so without him knowing about it. Is there a way of subscribing someone else without logging in as that person?
    greenphreak
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 23:022 edits
    Originally posted by greenphreak
    I'm trying to subscribe a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. However, I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out a way to do so without him knowing about it. Is there a way of subscribing someone else without logging in as that pe ...[text shortened]... ?
    greenphreak
    If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rather than your own. :-)

It's also a good idea to copy your frind's nick at the start so that you can paste it in... that way you won't have a problem if you type the name incorrectly.

A few day's later your friend will have a yellow star next to their name.

Andrew
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Nov '03 02:10
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rathe ...[text shortened]... rrectly.

Andrew
    Thanks Rhymester.

This is all correct, apart from the star will appear instantly - so you may want to do it as close to Christmas as possible.

-Russ
  4. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    23 Nov '03 09:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thanks Rhymester.

This is all correct, apart from the star will appear instantly - so you may want to do it as close to Christmas as possible.

-Russ
    You must have better qualified elves these days 😉
  5. Null User!
    10 Dec '03 13:00
    I subsrcibe by mistake, please remove my subscription as i used my employer email address. I will subscribe later using the correct one
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    13 Jan '04 14:01
    Originally posted by fmodishane
    I subsrcibe by mistake, please remove my subscription as i used my employer email address. I will subscribe later using the correct one
    so... did you already subscribe 😉
    zero moves... 🙄
    th
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Jan '04 09:44
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    If the person is already a member of the site but is not a subscriber it's quite easy. Click on anyone's star to get to the subscription page then just follow the subscription process all the way through as if it was you that was going to subscribe.... but then, right at the end, when you are asked to put in the user name.. put in your friends nick rathe ...[text shortened]... rrectly.

Andrew
    when I click on a star i reach a page with "order details" I continue and come to "Billing Information", where at the end it says "Complete order now". i did not dare to click there because I could not yet type in my freind's nickname. (BTW: for the email field: should I use my or his adress?)
    thanks for help,
    th
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Jan '04 10:03
    Originally posted by thire
    when I click on a star i reach a page with "order details" I continue and come to "Billing Information", where at the end it says "Complete order now". i did not dare to click there because I could not yet type in my freind's nickname. (BTW: for the email field: should I use my or his adress?)
    thanks for help,
    th
    Thire,

Fill in everything as if you were ordering for yourself (so your email address). After completing the order you can then enter your friend's name to assign the star.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Jan '04 12:05
    thanks Russ, it worked very well!
    and he (franz007at) got his star very very fast (<30sec) ... 😏
    that's RHP 🙂
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree