1. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 05:364 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    That's totally unfair. I think it was $30 when i first joined... was actually thinking of joining again to play in the 7/14 league, don't think i'll bother now knowing that there's people paying 3 times less of the price of a sub now. What a terrible way to run a business.
    Not at all. It's the only way to run your business - by rewarding your loyal customers. I stayed subbed up even during my suspension - how long have you been a non-sub scummie ? Even at $USD30.00 you would be saving $USD10.00 a year so every fourth year would be a freebie.

I get 3 years of sub for what will be shortly the equivalent of one year for a newbie, and as far as this site is concerned, that now includes you and the rest of the waka jumpers.

Jesus wept, with the current exchange rate a years sub is less than a visit to Starbucks in NZ ( Bagel, latte and cheesecake for two )

What did Willard say...? "Never get out of the boat ....."

skeets
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 09:49
    I agree with skeeter - it is a fair policy encouraging re-subscription.

Is is also true that players with stars but no wings - get subscriber privileges for free?

However $40 is a premium price for an online board game. In the intervening 3 years since I was a member the supply side of online board games has increased exponentially whereas whilst demand may have also increased not to the same rate. This would normally be a downward pressure on prices.

I believe the site owners would make more profit at a lower price, however it is their prerogative to set their market value and customers will always want more for less.

If I rejoin I will only buy a sub for myself, previously I bought subs for others as it was only £10 UK now at £25 UK I could not do that.
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 11:17
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I agree with skeeter - it is a fair policy encouraging re-subscription.

Is is also true that players with stars but no wings - get subscriber privileges for free?

However $40 is a premium price for an online board game. In the intervening 3 years since I was a member the supply side of online board games has increased exponentially whereas whilst de ...[text shortened]... lf, previously I bought subs for others as it was only £10 UK now at £25 UK I could not do that.
    The "wingless" star members are foundation members - they invested considerable funds towards the costs of setting up this site. They were rewarded for their loyalty as are long term subscribers. This is the best CC site on the planet but there are no free rides. Sub up or shut up. I've a reputation for suffering non-sub scum newbies badly, 'specially when they run the site down.

That's all I have to say about that.

skeeter
  4. Pities the fool
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 19:06
    skeeter STFU. You could get p0wned by 1500 kids OTB.
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 19:45
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I've a reputation for suffering non-sub scum newbies badly, 'specially when they run the site down.

That's all I have to say about that.

skeeter[/b]
    Skeeter you have a reputation for many things 🙂

I was subscribing here over a year before you, I've made over 4 times as many moves as you (admittedly the quality of your moves may be better).

I've introduced many other subscribers to the site and bought subscriptions for a few who couldn't afford it.

I therefore feel "non-sub newbie" is a little harsh. Secondly, if you read my profile I've always implored people to sub.

I agree this is the best CC site on the web, but whether it is best value is a different and a fair question.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 15:55
    That's totally unfair. I think it was $30 when i first joined... was actually thinking of joining again to play in the 7/14 league, don't think i'll bother now knowing that there's people paying 3 times less of the price of a sub now. What a terrible way to run a business.
    I pay $15 because that was the price when I came. Not anyone's fault but your own for leaving the site and becoming a huge 3a abuser. You were probably paying about the same as me when you first came to RHP.

or

War is War, Loser.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 16:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I pay $15 because that was the price when I came. Not anyone's fault but your own for leaving the site and becoming a huge 3a abuser. You were probably paying about the same as me when you first came to RHP.

or

War is War, Loser.
    I know the last time i paid it was $30, really can't remember what it was before then, wasn't as low as $15 though.

I still don't think it's fair for potentially new subscribers to have to pay $40 when some people are getting it for less than a third of the price.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 16:42
    I still don't think it's fair for potentially new subscribers to have to pay $40 when some people are getting it for less than a third of the price.
    I suggest reading Matthew 20, verses 1-16: "Didst not thou agree with me for a penny?"

Richard
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 16:45
    I know the last time i paid it was $30, really can't remember what it was before then, wasn't as low as $15 though.

Why is it not fair? You can buy a life time membership with USCF and if you did that some 30 years back it was a LOT less than it is now.

Just another advantage of being a sub rather than a scum... I've paid $120 to be here this long. You should lock in at $40 before it becomes $45 or more. That way 8 years down the line when it's $50 bucks you can say, "I only pay $40 a year... suckas"!~
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 16:46
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I suggest reading Matthew 20, verses 1-16: "Didst not thou agree with me for a penny?"

Richard
    What's the price to agree now? I bet it's WAY UP there.
  11. Joined
    09 Sep '11
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 09:07
    the exchange rate kills me - can I pay monthly instead of annually? Please? Pretty please
    George:'(
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 11:00
    Originally posted by George van der Westh
    the exchange rate kills me - can I pay monthly instead of annually? Please? Pretty please
    It's not Rev. George Van Der Westhuizen is it..near the old GP track in Welkom ?
    Go to 'site ideas' and plead your case there, there was talk of quarterly payments not so long ago but if enough folk INSIST this is their only option then they'd have to take more notice. Good luck either way !!
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 19:05
    Originally posted by George van der Westh
    No, just move countries 😛
  14. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 19:11

Why not?

Think of it like your car insurance premium. The longer you go with no claims the cheaper the policy becomes.

However, have an accident or two and you get penalised and lose the bonus of the cheaper policy.

Or do you think that a 50 year old, with 30 years claim free motoring should pay the same premium as some 18 year old boy with no experience who has just passed his test, if they both drive the same car?
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 20:11
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Why not?

Think of it like your car insurance premium. The longer you go with no claims the cheaper the policy becomes.

However, have an accident or two and you get penalised and lose the bonus of the cheaper policy.

Or do you think that a 50 year old, with 30 years claim free motoring should pay the same premium as some 18 year old boy with no experience who has just passed his test, if they both drive the same car?
    We've been here before. It's not comparable to car insurance, it's comparable to a Chinese takeaway... do you expect to get your chicken fried rice at the old price just because it's your regular Chinese with the newbie noobs paying the new higher price or do you expect the same price for all for the SAME PRODUCT?

There's no high risk customers at a Chinese takeaway or at RHP, you pay the money and you receive the product. Simple as that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree