1. Joined
    25 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '04 11:23
    Hi

I like your site and the rich sets of features.

What I would suggest is a feature that allows to take back a move. It is would be useful in following situations
    - Learning to play chess
    - Casual games between friends
    - Good and even games where one makes a blunder/stupid move that "spoils" the game.

This feature should only be used if both players agree, and could be enabled/disabled at game start.

Any thoughts?
  2. Standard memberThePENDRAGON
    Federation of Kings
    Moves
    19 Oct '04 11:39
    I like the idea.

I know of a couple of instances where this would have come in handy. Especially if you're teaching newer players the nuances of the game.

I don't think it'd be too hard to set up and incorporate but, then again, I'm not so technical so I'll leave that one to the powers that be.

Rgds

PEN
  3. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    19 Oct '04 15:15
    This has come up a number of times recently.

I think the answer is "just play slower".

4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    20 Oct '04 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by AFKSV
    ....What I would suggest is a feature that allows to take back a move. It is would be useful in following situations
    - Learning to play chess
    - Good and even games where one makes a blunder/stupid move that ...[text shortened]... h players agree, and could be enabled/disabled at game start .....
    i think you should take back your idea.

it is a great idea.
    demonstrating the principle by retracting your idea would support your cause.
  5. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 11:52
    Hi, does thid mean that i would be able to take back a game that i woould have lost? im confused? would you like to change yur opening?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 11:542 edits
    Originally posted by whatwhat
    Hi, does thid mean that i would be able to take back a game that i woould have lost? im confused? would you like to change yur opening?
    It took you more than five years to formulate this question? 😀
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 12:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    lets wait 5 years and give xe the answer 😉
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 13:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    They have only been a member for 2 years!!
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 14:141 edit
    Only folk that want this appear to be non sub 🙄
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 03:57
    Hi

I like your site and the rich sets of features.

What I would suggest is a feature that allows to take back a move. It is would be useful in following situations
    - Learning to play chess
    - Good and even games where one makes a blunder/stupid move that "spoils" the game.

This feature should only be used if both players agree, and could be enabled/disabled at game start.

Any thoughts?
    Any thoughts? My thought is it's a bad idea, and it's asked for about once a month or so and never has made it anywhere.
    Also you should try the site idea's forum next time you come up with a site idea. You would have a better response there.
  11. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 11:21
    - Learning to play chess
    Any thoughts?
    1/ As pointed out by KingDavid403, this thread really belongs in the 'Site Ideas' Forum.
    2/ In any of the three cases mentioned, you can always go to 'New Game', and use the 'Set up your own board' option to continue from the position immediately before the error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree