1. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 23:53
    Russ, how about a todo list (sticky) where you can list the suggestions that have been made which you are considering implementing in the future (no pressure!). That will save us newbies requesting things that may have already been suggested in the past.

And while I'm at it - can I suggest that the analysis screen have a button to invert the board so you can see the game from your opponent's point of view. (Bet that's been suggested before....)

😏
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 00:06
    Add to that the option to recommend the items on the 'todo' list so you'll get some feedback on what items we most want you to do next.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 03:38
    Sounds like a good idea, can't help feeling that Russ is gonna end up with rather a lot to do though 🙂¬~
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 11:071 edit
    I have considered this - and I have posted my current work list in the past - but I know I will end up putting pressure on myself by making promises and deadlines. Also, something’s are just of no interest to anyone. For example, I have worked really hard trying to improve RHP's Google position recently (this has resulted in a 7th position on Google for 'online chess'😉. This is of little interest to most people, and has had no impact on most user's perception of the site, but it is very important for the future.

Anyway, let me give you a summary of what I have pencilled in though :

I'm currently just finishing the claimed draw code. This includes move repetitions, 50 full moves with no game progression, and an insufficient material draw (2 kings remaining) This will be into testing soon.

After that, I am going to get uchess.com live (aka rhp live). This is important, as it is floundering at 90% complete at the moment because I keep returning to RHP tasks. Once the first iteration of that is done, then it is back to RHP for the clan leagues stuff. This will be a big task, so it should tie me up for sometime. Other smaller tasks will get woven into this too, of course. For example, the vacation message should make it into the next release along with the claimed draws.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree