1. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    12 Feb '04 01:19
    I've just been involved in a message exchange where I and another player agreed to play (another) game, but neither of us really wants to claim a color. I most lately suggested that he call heads or ails and I would flip a coin. So my suggestion is an additional radio button for color in the challenge page. Then you can check white lack or andom for the Choose which color you wish to play option button. If you check andom the server will execute a and() call and massage the result to get an even or odd answer to assign black or white.

Sound good? Opinions anyone?

Thanks,
    Paul
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Feb '04 09:551 edit
    A fair request. Someone else requested this once - but it doesn't come up that often.

-Russ
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    12 Feb '04 11:57
    I requested it once.Still would like to have it 😀
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    14 Feb '04 17:58
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    I requested it once.Still would like to have it 😀
    I requested it once as well!! 😉
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=7927
    th
  5. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    15 Feb '04 17:211 edit
    Maybe something different to a randomizer would be to have it work out how many games were played against the opponent in question with the respective colours and then it will automatically choose the game with the least.

i.e. if player A had played player B more times as player A being white then it would automatically choose player A to be black.

-Robbo

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree