1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 11:11
    I may need - for work reasons - to take a 3/6 month break from playing on the site.

I've got 22 games which I would finish, but I'm in about 15 tournaments and active on 3 ladders.

1. If I don't finish my live games, but don't play after that for 3 months, am I right in thinking that although I will time out in the tournament games and any challenges on the ladders, that because I'll have made no moves, that my ranking will be unaffected? i.e. these lost/unplayed games will not count towards my ranking.

2. Is there a limit on how long I can take a break and retain my on site identity and statistics?

MP
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 13:03
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    I may need - for work reasons - to take a 3/6 month break from playing on the site.

I've got 22 games which I would finish, but I'm in about 15 tournaments and active on 3 ladders.

1. If I don't finish my live games, but don't play after that for 3 months, am I right in thinking that although I will time out in the tournament games and any challenges ...[text shortened]... a limit on how long I can take a break and retain my on site identity and statistics?

MP
    Your ranking will be affected by every game you lose through being timed out in the usual way.The time since you last moved is irrelevant
    You will retain your identity and statistics for ever as far as I'm aware even if your subscription lapses.
    You'll just have to build up your ranking again when you return.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 13:071 edit
    There is one exception that I know of. If you go through to the next round of a tourney, and that next round starts while you're away, you will lose those games but have no rating effect because fewer than 3 moves have been made.

Ladder games have their own rules, don't know what will happen there.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 22:53
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There is one exception that I know of. If you go through to the next round of a tourney, and that next round starts while you're away, you will lose those games but have no rating effect because fewer than 3 moves have been made.

Ladder games have their own rules, don't know what will happen there.
    Good point re tournaments.Although unless you are already through to the next round it's unlikely you will go thro' by losing on timeout.
    Ratings are affected in ladder games in the same way as normal but if you are challenged and don't respond the "3 move rule" should apply.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 02:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 02:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 02:47
    Most certainly no rating loss if you can resign within three moves at any stage of a tournament..whereas timebank losses do appear to affect rates whether under three moves or no moves made at all.
    That's my understanding, apologies in advance if I'm incorrect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree