text size

Standard memberToe
Help 26 Jan '04 23:33
  1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 23:33
    Its only of minor significance to me, (when I'm viewing RHP on my TV screen at home), but of much more significance to the visually impaired out there:

Alas like many sites, the text on RHP takes no notice of the browser's 'text size' setting. Thus for those needing larger text (bad eyesite or mad TV setup), forum text is almost illegible, as the font is rather small.

I don't know just how configurable the forum GUI is, but it would be nice if the font size was set to allow the browser to supply the size.

And a happy new year to all by the way.
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 23:37
    At least in Mozilla, adjusting the text size works fine ("Text zoom" from the "View" menu), so the problem doesn't exist for Mozilla users.

-Jarno
  3. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    27 Jan '04 17:36
    Originally posted by Toe
    Its only of minor significance to me, (when I'm viewing RHP on my TV screen at home), but of much more significance to the visually impaired out there:

Alas like many sites, the text on RHP takes no notice of the browser's 'text size' setting. Thus for those needing larger text (bad eyesite or mad TV setup), forum text is almost illegible, as the font is ...[text shortened]... ize was set to allow the browser to supply the size.

And a happy new year to all by the way.
    Like Pyrrho I use Mozilla (Firbird actually) and the text size can be adjusted easily by pressing CTRL and +.

I guess you are using Internet Explorer? I don't know if this will work, but try:

Open Internet Explorer.
    Select: Tools--->Internet Options
    Under the 'General' tab there is a button called 'Accessibility' - click on this.
    One of the options is 'Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages' - select this.
    Then try selecting the font you wish to use in normal way.
    Also try: View-->Text Size-->Largest

I think in general the 'Accessibilty' options are aimed at users with special requirements.
    Sorry if this doesn't help!

Cheers
    Laz
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 09:37
    Originally posted by Lazaraus
    Like Pyrrho I use Mozilla (Firbird actually) and the text size can be adjusted easily by pressing CTRL and +.

I guess you are using Internet Explorer? I don't know if this will work, but try:

Open Internet Explorer.
    Select: Tools--->Internet Options
    Under the 'General' tab there is a button called 'Accessibility' - click on this.
    One of the op ...[text shortened]... tions are aimed at users with special requirements.
    Sorry if this doesn't help!

Cheers
    Laz
    It worked a treat Laz!
    Thanks very much indeed!

Often Ctrl and + works for IE too, but not here.

I was getting to the point of using Opera for RHP forums
    as the whole page image can be expanded/reduced easily,
    but with the Opera bar and the RHP logo taking up so
    much room at low res, it wasn't working out too well.

Thanks again folks
    Toe
  5. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 10:44
    Originally posted by Toe
    It worked a treat Laz!
    Thanks very much indeed!

Often Ctrl and + works for IE too, but not here.

I was getting to the point of using Opera for RHP forums
    as the whole page image can be expanded/reduced easily,
    but with the Opera bar and the RHP logo taking up so
    much room at low res, it wasn't working out too well.

Thanks again folks
    Toe
    Glad to hear that ;-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree