1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 May '03 06:23
    Some people liked this idea of mine from the general forum, so I have decided to put it up in here.

How about some sort of a list of people who enjoy blitz games (i.e. speed chess). This would allow those of us who enjoy quick games to find each other and avoid a lot of frustration. I have also been thinking that just some way a person can identify how and when they like to play would be neat and similarly would avoid frustration for a multitude of players.

Everyone has their own way they like to play. Whether you like to make a move a day or play ten games a day, everyone has a preference. I also know how it can be frustrating playing someone that doesn't dance to the same beat (someone ends up looking like they are either impatient or a slow fuddy). It's no ones fault, we just sometimes don't understand beforehand. Now, I admit that we DO have profiles and time limits which are VERY helpful but I really think that an optional feature would be beneficial, especially for blitz gamers. I can imagine a number of ways that this could be done.

What do you all think? Would this sort of thing be beneficial or is there enough specification in place already? If we were to add such a thing, how do you think it should be done? My thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions. 🙂
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    29 May '03 14:58
    In this thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=2895

Russ said that my idea of an 'expected game pace' icon should be easy to implement... maybe it's slipped down his to do list recently 😉

Rhymester
  3. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    30 May '03 05:54
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    In this thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=2895

Russ said that my idea of an 'expected game pace' icon should be easy to implement... maybe it's slipped down his to do list recently 😉

Rhymester
    I hope so. I think it would be great! Thanks for letting me know something like this is on the way (we hope). 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree