1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 13:28
    Does anyone know why the word satan is not allowed in personal messages to others??
    The RHP personal message bot will not let the word satan be sent in a personal message and says it is obsence language.
    As a clan leader of a mostly christian clan I and my teammates send personal messages to each other sometimes talking about God, satan, and spirituality.
    So sometimes I or my clan mates write a big long message to a teammate or someone else talking about the such only to have our personal message rejected by the RHP personal message bot because the word satan is in the message.
    It can be a real bummer and turn out to be a big waste of time in trying to write a personal message to someone.
    Is the word satan a obsence word in a different language other than english??? Does anyone have the answer???
    Or does anyone know if this can be fixed???
    Thanks for your time and response.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 13:34
    To be a "Fan" in Swedish means to be a "Devil".
    This is however not always bad.
    "Han är en fan att spela schack" means rather that he is very good at chess.

On the other hand, I wouldn't call a music group "Kiss". It means "Urine" in Swedish.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 13:393 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

On the other hand, I wouldn't call a music group "Kiss". It means "Urine" in Swedish.
    Interesting, So if I say i'm a viking football fan, I am saying in Swedish I am a viking football devil. interesting.
    lol, so if you tell a girl you want to kiss her in Swedish what do you say?? I know you don't say can I Urine you all over, lol , or do you?? 😲 πŸ™„ J/K πŸ˜€
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 14:29
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Does anyone know why the word satan is not allowed in personal messages to others??
    The RHP personal message bot will not let the word satan be sent in a personal message and says it is obsence language.
    As a clan leader of a mostly christian clan I and my teammates send personal messages to each other sometimes talking about God, satan, and spiri ...[text shortened]... e answer???
    Or does anyone know if this can be fixed???
    Thanks for your time and response.
    I managed to PM myself with a message comprised of nothing but the word "Satan".

Are you sure it's that one that's getting picked up by the message filter?
  5. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 15:06
    Whilst on the subject of emotive words, apparently the word 'charlatan' is banned by all media in UK, unless of course they're quoting someone else as having said it etc etc.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 17:501 edit
    Interesting, So if I say i'm a viking football fan, I am saying in Swedish I am a viking football devil. interesting.
    lol, so if you tell a girl you want to kiss her in Swedish what do you say?? I know you don't say can I Urine you all over, lol , or do you?? 😲 πŸ™„ J/K πŸ˜€
    I never use English when I want to kiss a Swedish girl. And if I do, I'd never use "I want to urinate on you", no never, not with any luck anyway.

There are some other 'false friends' more. The most funny one (if you are preteen), is "He buys pink sheet". ( "Han bajsar, pinkar och skiter." )
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 17:54
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I managed to PM myself with a message comprised of nothing but the word "Satan".

Are you sure it's that one that's getting picked up by the message filter?
    Well I had a personal message written out and I tryed to send it and it would not send.
    And it came back to me saying this message might contain obsence language. Please refrain form sending messages with obsence language. or something like that.
    So I went over and over the message and couldn't figure it out. So I tryed to send it again and the same thing happened. So I went over and over it again. So then I removed the word satan as that was the only word I could think of that might be considered obsence by someone. I don't know why. But then the message sent just fine after only removing the word satan.
    This has happened to me in the past more than once also. And it was always messages to other christians. And then I remembered the word satan was always in the message's and I couldn't figure it out. until this last time when I removed the word satan it sent right away. So to tell you the truth I don't know forsure what's up. Except what I just stated.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 17:59
    I never use English when I want to kiss a Swedish girl. And if I do, I'd never use "I want to urinate on you", no never, not with any luck anyway.

There are some other 'false friends' more. The most funny one (if you are preteen), is "He buys pink sheet". ("Han bajsar, pinkar och skiter."πŸ˜‰
    LOL. interesting.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 18:33
    LOL. interesting.
    Oh, there is more to it.

I had a friend from US over to Sweden once. I gave him a guided tour of the town. He stopped suddenli, pointing at a van with the words "Prick Kakor" painted on the sides. He asked me what that meant. It just said Prick Cokies, so what? Prick in swedish means dot, and those Cookies was just small cookies in a dot form. Nothing more than that.

If you watch an old Ingemar Bergman picture, the very last word of the pictures from that time is "Slut", only meaning "The End".

Do you want still more? (I'm sorry if some of the words I presented and going to present may be offencive. Stop me in advance.)
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 19:12

Good thing there's no such music group then, or we'd have a good laugh
    here in Sweden, right?

By the way, I'm a big kizz-fan. πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 19:13
    I know you don't say can I Urine you all over, lol , or do you?? 😲 πŸ™„ J/K πŸ˜€
    It's all about preference, I suppose.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 23:43
    Oh, there is more to it.

I had a friend from US over to Sweden once. I gave him a guided tour of the town. He stopped suddenli, pointing at a van with the words "Prick Kakor" painted on the sides. He asked me what that meant. It just said Prick Cokies, so what? Prick in swedish means dot, and those Cookies was just small cookies in a dot form. Nothing ...[text shortened]... some of the words I presented and going to present may be offencive. Stop me in advance.)
    lol, I don't get offended to easy. And i find nothing offensive in what you are saying. I find it very interesting actually. And i'm learning a little Swedish is the mean time. Please continue. πŸ˜€
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 23:46
    Originally posted by stocken
    It's all about preference, I suppose.
    lol, yes I thought about that also.
  14. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 20:30

The group "Kiss" means urine over here too...

πŸ˜‰
  15. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leΓΆlΓ©s ellenfeleim
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 23:24
    Doesn't STORE FITTER mean something well dodgy in Norwegian??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree