1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 Sep '04 09:54
    probably an old idea again, but linking to another thread is a little tricky: could there be something like the game link that would link to a forum thread? For one thing, the forum links being from rhp, tfc, c@w etc. depending on the skin used by the poster could easily lead a newbie to thinking that the link was offsite!
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 Sep '04 09:55

And PS: I had a great wee holiday by the way!
    Berlin is very cool if anyone is heading off for a central european break.
  3. West Virginia
    Moves
    27 Nov '04 16:531 edit
    This seems to be a good idea. But going one further, linking to a particular post!

By linking to a thread, a guy would possibly have to search the thread for the info he was looking for. By linking to a post you could direct the guy straight to the info.

This could also help in purging old threads and not loosing valuable info that would later have to be figured out/found again and repeated!

How to do it? Step one, I figure would probably be the easiest, make the posting number (thread&# in thread?) relative link (is this the proper term for a link that allows for the jumping to a particular part of a page?)

The info could actually appear the in forum as a special kind of post, special just in the content of the post itself. Everything normal on the user part for the person doing the linking. Posted message would have a byline on top "Posted by: ----- in Forum: ----- Thread: ------ on Date:-----" and after include the text of the linked post. In italics so everyone knows it has been quoted?

I could see this being very helpful in the Help Forum, Site Ideas, and just about everywhere!

What do you guys think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree