Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 02 Sep '04 17:26
    might be nice to be able to subscibe to a thread and have a notice sent to My Home or My Inbox or wherever everytime someone makes a post. that way you can actually remember the threads you had an interest in.

just something to consider as a future feature 😀

in friendship,
    prad
  2. Standard member tejo
    a unique loser
    02 Sep '04 17:28
    I like the idea Prad.
    Sander
  3. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    02 Sep '04 19:50
    this should be possible for the anoucements forum and perhaps the developpers, as there are rarely posts. I vistit those fora twice a day, but nothing happens there 🙄
    th
  4. Standard member Chaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    02 Sep '04 22:19
    Originally posted by tejo
    I like the idea Prad.
    Sander
    Me too Prad🙂

Regards,
    Charlie
  5. Standard member Nemesio
    Ursulakantor
    02 Sep '04 22:21
    Sounds good, but....

What about particularly active threads? Would you get 25 notices if you've been away? Seems like that would be rather cumbersome for the person notified.

I can only imagine the bandwidth that this would create. It seems like a good idea, but it might be implausible from a practical standpoint.

Allow me to posit a variation:

Rather than getting a notice, you can have a 'My Threads.' In it, you can see the 20 (50?) threads of your choice. You would select these by going to the regular forums and clicking 'Add to My Threads.' The 'My Threads' page would have the same format an individual forum (listing thread titles from most to least recent posting), but it would also have a "delete" checkbox like 'My Games.'

Thoughts?

Nemesio
  6. Standard member Chaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    02 Sep '04 22:32
    Originally posted by nemesio
    [b.

Allow me to posit a variation:

Rather than getting a notice, you can have a 'My Threads.' In it, you can see the 20 (50?) threads of your choice. You would select these by going to the regular forums and clicking 'Add to My Threads.' The 'My Threads' page would have the same format an individual forum (listing thread titles from most to least ...[text shortened]... osting), but it would also have a "delete" checkbox like 'My Games.'

Thoughts?

Nemesio[/b]
    I think that might be the better idea! Very good

Regards,
    Charlie
  7. 02 Sep '04 22:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by nemesio
    What about particularly active threads? Would you get 25 notices if you've been away? Seems like that would be rather cumbersome for the person notified.
    oh no.
    there would only be 1 notification and it would stay (or be 'replaced'😉 until you visited the thread.
    the notifications do not accummulate.
    no worries about cluttering.

the my thread idea is exactly it. when you subscibe it goes on there and if anything new comes up you see the thread appear and you can click on it. once you go there it comes off your page till someone posts again. of course you can unsubscibe too.

in friendship,
    prad
  8. Standard member Red Matrix
    Adm¡nistrator
    03 Sep '04 07:49
    Excellent!