1. Joined
    27 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 11:23
    i need a little bit help.

i am a little bit confused with the site...ehmmm

i am playing with 3 players but noone reacts..is that normall?
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by Improhi
    i need a little bit help.

i am a little bit confused with the site...ehmmm

i am playing with 3 players but noone reacts..is that normall?
    Players come from all around the world - and different time zones. Your opponents aren't always going to be logged on. What you need to do is become a subscriber and have lots of games on the go so that you have more chance of finding opponents on-line when you are. Or try uChess - see link at bottom of page. 🙂

Andrew
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 11:59
    Yes, that is normal.

This is correspondence chess. Do not expect a game to be started and completed in a few hours. How often an opponent is required to make a move is determined by the "time out" setting selected when the game was initiated, and is measured in days.

Remember that members of this site form an international community and therefore log on and off of the site at all hours of the day and night, from around the world.

Some of us are here several times each day, others may only be here once a day, and some only two or three times in a week. It depends on many things, including other activities such as work, school, computer access, etc.

If you are looking for a quick game, go to the bottom of this page and click the 'uChess' link. At that site you can play live chess. The uChess site is still in it's early stages, and is being created by the same people who have put this site together.

Welcome to our little corner of the world!

regards, Marc

4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 12:51
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Players come from all around the world - and different time zones.
    Perhaps it would make sene to include the differnce between my and a player's timezone in his profile (like: "This player is 6 hours behind you" 🙄 or in better English 😵 )
    th
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 13:32
    Originally posted by thire
    Perhaps it would make sene to include the differnce between my and a player's timezone in his profile (like: "This player is 6 hours behind you" 🙄 or in better English 😵 )
    th
    Why not just put something in your profile that tells others your location.

regards, Marc
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 13:58
    anybody can do that. but I think this is something easy to make and very interesting (for fast movers).
    I could also include my personal record or my strength in chess...
    An automatic inculde would be welcome
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree