Three move draw

Three move draw

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W

Moves
11 Jun 05

What is the three move draw rule? I have a game with Final Fantasy where he feels a draw is in order. It is game number 1046701. I have heard of the rule but I do not know the specific requirement. What like some second opinions/ Game 1046701

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
11 Jun 05

Originally posted by Whocares
What is the three move draw rule? I have a game with Final Fantasy where he feels a draw is in order. It is game number 1046701. I have heard of the rule but I do not know the specific requirement. What like some second opinions/ Game 1046701
Can't comment on a game in progress but there is a rule that if a position is repeated 3 times (position also means castling and en passant status are the same in each) then either player may claim a draw upon the repetition. It can only be claimed directly after the repetition.

j
nice one

bed, chair or floor

Moves
11 Jun 05

It can only be claimed directly after the repetition.[/b]
Yes, but in OTB it can only be claimed before the third repetition.
Speaking from bad experience where friend tried to claim it after his move. In OTB: Write down the move that reaches the repetition-don't move-call the referee. Seems rather strange but makes sense: only claim (whatever) when it's your move.

Digital Alchemist

Moves
11 Jun 05

Tell him to use the 'Claim Draw' option when it's his move if he thinks that it is a draw. (I haven't looked at the game.) The system should detect if it is a draw.

Also, the position does not need to be in repetition consecutively for it to be a draw.

W

Moves
14 Jun 05

Originally posted by ouroboros
Tell him to use the 'Claim Draw' option when it's his move if he thinks that it is a draw. (I haven't looked at the game.) The system should detect if it is a draw.

Also, the position does not need to be in repetition consecutively for it to be a draw.
Thanks for the replies. I will offer the last suggestion to my opponent and see what happens.