1. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 13:05
    I'd really like an easier way of telling whether time control or time bank is being used in my games. (Uh, especially since I took part in the 82-match 1d/14d tournament, I think my time bank is going to get hit pretty hard).

At the moment, I think the only way to tell is with the popup window on the games list (which, for reference, doesn't work correctly under Firefox on Linux -- the white background does not extend across the entire sub-window making the text hard to read).

Even so, you get *CURRENT* timebank status, but don't get whether it's being actively used by either person.

The little alarm clock icon (as far as I can tell, though could be wrong) starts to flash when you're already in timebank -- there's no (or not enough) warning that you're heading there.

Once you click to the normal game board, all that information disappears, too.

So, what I'd like:

1) (I already posted about this a while ago, but I'll repeat it as it's relevent to the other points) -- a hour countdown of the time control, visible in the my games list.

2) hour countdown in the miniboard popup view - so it can show for either my move or their move.

3) Full time control information (hours left, timebank being used, etc) visible in the main game board view.

Pretty please.

Dave

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree